• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Would I like this if I love Puzzle Quest?

User Info: PitfallMario

PitfallMario
8 years ago#1
Since this game supposedly has a lot of RPG elements, than would like this if my favorite game is Puzzle Quest:CotW? I'm not a big fan of block breaking games but this one sounds interesting enough to maybe give it a try. What do you think?

User Info: Exp_HP

Exp_HP
8 years ago#2
It actually doesn't have a lot RPG elements, in contrast to what the press releases say.

The most RPG-like thing about it is the equipment. There's a LOT of new ships and equipable items to find. But these are moreso strategy elements than traditional RPG equipment. There are no stats to build in the game (there isn't even money); rather than modifying stats, each item has a unique ability that changes the flow of gameplay. There's an item that creates barriers to catch balls with, and there's an item that shoots projectiles whenever a ball bounces off of you, for instance.

The other RPG thing about it is that, once you get some really good equipment, the game starts to get real easy. Levels start to take about 5-10 seconds apiece once you find some of the best stuff in the game. This is a good thing because the game's universe IS HUGE. I've spent the last two weeks trying to find an edge to the game world.

So if you're looking for mindless stat grinding like Puzzle Quest, this isn't the game for you. If you're looking for mindless Arkanoid levels while aimlessly exploring a vast game world, you're in the right place. Either way, this is still one of those games where you'll find yourself wasting countless hours of your life.
This wall of text has been brought to you courtesy of one of the board's resident
spectrum children (and Linux users).

User Info: PitfallMario

PitfallMario
8 years ago#3
Thanks for your detailed response! I actually just downloaded the game and loving it so far. You are right about it not being like puzzlequest especially since you are not actually battling anyone. This game feels like a full price cart rather than a 5 dollar download.
  1. Boards
  2. AlphaBounce
  3. Would I like this if I love Puzzle Quest?
  • Topic Archived