• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
  3. u guys think this will be realse in the us?

User Info: Ruca1122

Ruca1122
10 years ago#1
to me no, man some of the good game was never reasled cuz of namco...

User Info: YlFF

YlFF
10 years ago#2
I honestly don't expect it to come out in english. It's just.. not the type of game that companies tend to localise, especially Namco. They'll consider a variety of reasons not to release it in english, like, casual gamers might think it's "too japanese", the series is not popular enough to guarantee good selling and such. Although it does look like non-japanese gamers show some enthusiasm about the title, maybe Namco will notice that. It's almost hard to believe they actually localised such a widget as Katamari Damacy, so there is still hope for Solarobo.
zawa... zawa...

User Info: Kumori_no_Yoru

Kumori_no_Yoru
10 years ago#3
Very little chance, the reasons already being stated by YIFF. It'd be awesome if it came over, though.
PSN ID: Neophoton

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
10 years ago#4
Well, between Australia and France, it seems like there's a fair chance that it'll get some kind of release outside of Japan, although we'll have to see if it's actually an English one, in which case any US gamer that wants it could import, seeing as the DS has no regional lockout.

But I'm so happy about the existence of this game at all that I wouldn't complain if there's no English release. I'm going to import and enjoy the heck out of it regardless, and I think anybody who's interested in it should consider that since, remember, it's still a platformer. Missing out on some of the story would suck, but I'm sure the actual gameplay won't involve much text or dialogue. It should be pretty easy and straightforward to play through the game.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi
10 years ago#5
The odds are slightly better than 50/50 that we'll see it in the U.S.. That said, the odds of it receiving a halfway decent localization are significantly less than 10%.

Our only hope is if Atlus, Aksys or XSEED picks this up and localizes it instead of Bamco. In Bamco's hands, we can expect a Z-list localization for what they perceive as a Z-list game.
I was hoping for an appetizer that didn't taste like homework.

User Info: Kumori_no_Yoru

Kumori_no_Yoru
10 years ago#6

The odds are slightly better than 50/50 that we'll see it in the U.S.. That said, the odds of it receiving a halfway decent localization are significantly less than 10%.

Our only hope is if Atlus, Aksys or XSEED picks this up and localizes it instead of Bamco. In Bamco's hands, we can expect a Z-list localization for what they perceive as a Z-list game.

Especially this.

I noticed a lot of their Z-listed games have some atrocious localization jobs. If it gets a US release, I'd want it to be one of the aforementioned companies to do the job.
PSN ID: Neophoton

User Info: Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi
10 years ago#7
If it couldn't be Atlus, Aksys or XSEED...I really think I might be tempted to pick Carpe Fulgur. :3

http://www.carpefulgur.com/recettear/

Check out the demo of Recettear and tell me the localization's not utterly and completely awesome. :3
I was hoping for an appetizer that didn't taste like homework.

User Info: Moranite

Moranite
10 years ago#8
Nope.
Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa for Full Metal Alchemist. Never again will the world be offered a manga as great as this...

User Info: Ruca1122

Ruca1122
10 years ago#9
well I hope it's in the us cuz it has good anime idk about the gameplay

User Info: IllegalSplicer

IllegalSplicer
10 years ago#10
I certainly hope Solarobo makes a US release. I would really love it if they made a US version of the Collector's Edition. I'd buy it.
  1. Boards
  2. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
  3. u guys think this will be realse in the us?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where are these photo pieces? Side Quest1 Answer
how i unlock new game + and ++? General1 Answer
Fishing? Build1 Answer
How do I do a triple mid-air combo? Side Quest1 Answer
Picture help plz? Side Quest2 Answers