• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
  3. Can anyone explain this inane puzzle? *spoiler*

User Info: Boojie

Boojie
8 years ago#1
I've played the MI games since I was little, but one thing I never understood was why using Jojo the Monkey on a water pump would suffice for shutting it off. I remember that the only way I solved it was by saying, "Okay, this pump HAS to do something; I'm just gonna go down the list and use everything in my inventory."

Did I miss an in-joke, or a reference to something else, or... something?

User Info: Gnilpmud

Gnilpmud
8 years ago#2
Monkey wrench.
I'm selling this fine leather jackets.
LIVE GT: Gnilpmud

User Info: coolositymax

coolositymax
8 years ago#3
Sure, it's obvious in hindsight.

I doubt that anybody ever got it first time through without just resorting to trial and error, or using a guide/hint.

User Info: orangenee

orangenee
8 years ago#4

Sure, it's obvious in hindsight.

I doubt that anybody ever got it first time through without just resorting to trial and error, or using a guide/hint.

Seriously?

The monkey was the first thing I tried it just seemed right. Lateral thinking. That said, it took me ages to figure out the gamblers club thing, so it wasn't as though I found everything easy.
Remember kids, if you die in real life you die in your videogames too!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30

User Info: Guybrush_Three

Guybrush_Three
8 years ago#5
at school back in the day we used to refer to anything with a really arse about way of doing it as 'Monkey Island Logic' it was funny to hear people say it who have no idea what monkey island is.
I'am dyslexic no the spell check dosent help, I fail at English I know thank you...
  1. Boards
  2. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
  3. Can anyone explain this inane puzzle? *spoiler*
  • Topic Archived