• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. Co-op ending... wtf? (ULTRA SPOILERS)

User Info: PufTheMgicDingo

PufTheMgicDingo
10 years ago#1
So, at the end, you basically found a giant storage room of humans for testing. I was waiting for Atlas and P Body to be shocked and do something badass to foil Glados's plan, but they just hugged and the game ended. What the crap? That is not a happy ending, it just puts all of Chell's efforts to waste. It felt so tacked on to, with Glados randomly saying "robot testing isn't real testing". I was expecting something awesome in the vault but nothing happened.

Also, when does the co-op campaign take place in relation to the single player?

User Info: Jinn_Remona

Jinn_Remona
10 years ago#2
You do know that Co-op happens before the original Portal, right? Somewhere in that group of humans is Chell. She was probably the final human on the list, and the only one to escape.
~The Braindead Genius: Jinn Remona

User Info: pormogo

pormogo
10 years ago#3
Jinn_Remona posted...
You do know that Co-op happens before the original Portal, right? Somewhere in that group of humans is Chell. She was probably the final human on the list, and the only one to escape.

Actually, she was priority #1 after Doug altered the order they came in.
Achachachachaba!
GT: underworld toad

User Info: Bendu_Olo

Bendu_Olo
10 years ago#4
Its expressly after you reawaken GLaDOS
She mentions that she came up with the Cooperative Testing Initiative after Chell kills her
"Nothing Personal"
The original Elder Scrolls Hero

User Info: Bendu_Olo

Bendu_Olo
10 years ago#5
And the whole point of Co-op after Chell escapes is that the bots have to replace her because its not an actual test without humans
So she has the bots locate more
The original Elder Scrolls Hero

User Info: akios88

akios88
10 years ago#6
Jinn_Remona posted...

Not true at all. GLaDOS even makes a referene in co-op to Wheatley and Chell.

spoiler alert.......

Personally, I think that co-op happens in between the time that Chell is knocked out after being brought back from the moon and when she is awakened to see atlas and p-body. It could explain why GLaDOS so easily let her go. Plenty of new humans to test. Then again, it could have happened at any time during the single player that GLaDOS was in control.
GT: TrustXBetrayal

User Info: Azarift87

Azarift87
10 years ago#7
Spoilers

"Then again, it could have happened at any time during the single player that GLaDOS was in control."

Nah, it without a doubt has to be at the very end of the game, because near the end, prior to GLaDOS retaking control, when you were trying to reach Wheatley, with GLaDOS, Wheatley mentions that he found the two co-op droids buried back in storage.

It is possible that it took place while Chell was passed out, but, I don't think she was out for that long.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are just that, thoughts and opinions, if you agree, cool, if not, instead of whining about it, get a life.

User Info: fretless58

fretless58
10 years ago#8
Azarift87 posted...
Spoilers

"Then again, it could have happened at any time during the single player that GLaDOS was in control."

Nah, it without a doubt has to be at the very end of the game, because near the end, prior to GLaDOS retaking control, when you were trying to reach Wheatley, with GLaDOS, Wheatley mentions that he found the two co-op droids buried back in storage.

It is possible that it took place while Chell was passed out, but, I don't think she was out for that long.

That, and if it did happen while she was out, she would have been a lot nicer to Atlus and P-Body, because she wouldn't have deleted Caroline.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197991794515

User Info: PufTheMgicDingo

PufTheMgicDingo
10 years ago#9
Also, throughout all the chambers they were working up on a plot where they slowly were gaining human traits. It would have made an amazing climax, but they just stopped it dead. I really think that the ending was rushed. (or on second thought, maybe all this has something to do with the DLC)

User Info: Xepoa

Xepoa
10 years ago#10
I always assumed it was after chell was let free. Hence the whole "you saved science."
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpoaVIDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpoaCraft
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. Co-op ending... wtf? (ULTRA SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A