• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. I REALLY need help with the lag

User Info: skberntz

skberntz
10 years ago#1
Hello :D Portal 2 is lagging a lot. Especially when i'm in a big room.

My PC is Alienware m11x r2

Intel Core i7 with 1,20 GHz
4gb RAM
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

And btw, i noticed that my system classifying was on 2,3 on graphics. Is that because of my other graphics card? Do i have to manually switch between those two? Please help me. I really want to enjoy this outstanding game :).

User Info: gejsiv

gejsiv
10 years ago#2
When you say lag, are you saying lag because it is latency between you and another person in multiplayer or are you saying lag as a catch all to describe stuttering, low frame work, freezes, and a bunch of other problems?

From what I can tell, your processor and your graphics card are both right next to the minimum specs. So in large rooms with lots of stuff going on you'll slow down a bit. If you haven't already drop down to the min graphics setting.

skberntz
10 years ago#3
I'm not playing multiplayer. Are there amy things i can do to prevent the lag? It lags even when i'm playing on 640 x 480. Something must be wrong. With lag i mean normal lag like very low fps and my character is moving a second after i'm pres
sing the buttons

User Info: gejsiv

gejsiv
10 years ago#4
It's because your game has difficulty drawing the graphics and computing the physics because you're dragging on min specs.

You can try updating drivers and all that jazz, but it'll never really run well until you upgrade.

skberntz
10 years ago#5
I think you're wrong. A friend of mina said that it must be a gfx driver issue. My pc runs Crysis 2 on 1366 x768 perfectly. Thank you so much for the help anyway :)

User Info: Pandor25

Pandor25
10 years ago#6
Maybe its time to dust inside your pc because he overheat.

skberntz
10 years ago#7
Don't think my 3 weeks old laptop has any dust :) maybe a little but that shouldn' be a problem ^^

User Info: Beltbra

Beltbra
10 years ago#8
i7 1.2ghz? Is that a typo?

User Info: rootbeer121

rootbeer121
10 years ago#9
skberntz posted...
I think you're wrong. A friend of mina said that it must be a gfx driver issue. My pc runs Crysis 2 on 1366 x768 perfectly. Thank you so much for the help anyway :)

Crysis 2's visual detail was cut in half. I can run it at almost 80 frames at max. So that doesn't mean much. :/ You know, for the price you paid for that netbook you could have bought a DIY kit that's about 3 times better.
Work Desktop: Dual Xeon E5-2687W | 64GB RAM | GeForce GTX 770
Gaming Desktop: i7-4960X | 16GB RAM | Triple GeForce GTX Titan | 4K Gaming!

skberntz
10 years ago#10
Whatever. I did fix the problem by updating the graphics driver. Its running perfectly on 1360 x768 with settings on high
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. I REALLY need help with the lag
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

why does the Game exit unexpectedly? Tech Support5 Answers
Why can I not play with friends ? Tech Support3 Answers
Why does GLaDOS want to KILL! Chell? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
Portal 2 won't start up? Tech Support1 Answer
How do you enable cheats? General3 Answers