- Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
First things first: After winning the one-make Shinki tourney, you HAVE to read the emails at home, otherwise the bonus GC parts will not appear in the Premium Shop.
If certain parts still don't appear, then maybe you do have to fight a rival whose Shinki has them on. Try looking at opponents in the F1 Qualifiers and New Club Valhalla (if you have it unlocked already). You can check their equipment by pressing Triangle when their name is highlighted in the location's rival list.
Remember: The parts don't just pop up after just one fight. Have a go at them a few times until it does.
I only review the games I like... and none of them are in eenglish.
Hey, I finally got it! I just want to share how exactly I did it and made some testing. One thing's for sure winning a one-make Shinki tournament alone in NG+ is NOT enough to unlock all the +GC equipments, you also need to have a total battle count of 500. Here is how I was able to confirm:
- when I was playing the game for the first time and reached the F1 tournament I felt that the game was almost at an end so I decided to look here and read the board to see if there are some secrets or anything I may have missed. (btw, I can read katakana some of the kanji are already familiar to me so navigating and distinguishing w/c is w/c is no problem on my part)
- and so here is where I've read about getting the +GC equipments by winning a one-make Shinki tournament in NG+, so I finished the game quickly and made a NG+ and didn't bother w/ the other rivals including those in club valhalla b4 the applet arc. At this point my Arnval is at Love 20 and Fubuki is at Love 12, I didn't buy any other shiki yet and I didn't bother going to new club valhalla.
- Now this is NG+, I quickly cleared the Arnval-only and Fubuki-only tourneys and to my shock when the premium shop opened nothing new was added it only contains the existing +GC equipments that I've already got before. There was no new email also (there will be a msg in the city map screen telling you of news and to check your email if there is something new so you could never missed it) So I was thinking maybe because I cleared it before the premium shop opened. So I tried clearing again the one-make tourneys after the shop opened, but still no go. So I thought maybe later part of the game, so I went ahead and played it naturally checking from time to time. At this point both Arnval And Fubuki are now Love 20, so I thought maybe I should use a fresh shiki.
- So I bought a Maochao and cleared the one-make tourney for her right out of the bat. (since I think she has the lowest ranking enemies aside from Arnval) But still no new +GC equipments appear for her. So I reloaded to before I bought her since I don't wanna buy new shinki yet until I'm able to get their equipments.
- So I just played thru the game again and I S-rank all the rivals in the game center (aside for the 3 vs 1 battles since I only got A at that point) including those in the club valhalla. And when I finished the game I tried to make another NG+ and tried again to have the premium shop opened first then clear the one-make tourney but still no go. So I reloaded my clear save and this time I chose to continue (I didn't save over my clear save when I did the 2nd NG+ since I'm only using one save file so that I can go back just in case)
- And so, this is now a continuition of my clear save w/c is also a NG+ (since its already the 2nd time I cleared it, this is also the time I made my post here XD). I then started clearing new club valhalla (Ive read the email first ofcourse and my inbox was empty now) and I S ranked all the rivals that I fought (I was getting OC) and tried getting Arnval's and Fubuki's +GC equipment. I was at the last 6 rivals remaining (including Gaia and Hazuki) when I stopped (since I need to go to work). At this time I already got most of the +GC equipments probably missing 1 or 2 for some, mostly the weapons, My Arnval's already complete and I'm already able to use both her final rails.
- So when I started playing again I thought of trying to clear a one-make tourney, at this point only Arnval's and Fubuki's one-make tourney are cleared. When I checked, Yda was the only one w/ the lowest ranking shinki enemies at that time w/c is missing a +GC equipment the others are missing their +MT weapons (because I thought at first that it will only unlock the +GC equipments excluding that +MT weapons but I was proved wrong later)
- And so I fought the one-make shinki tourney for Yda but since she is at rank 1 I was not able to win all 3, so I thought I should raise her Love a little to increase my cost capacity and be able to equip more. So I went to the game center, NOTE: this is the first time that I went to the game center after I finished the game, since I already S rank all the rivals here before I even fought the F1 finals I never went back. So after 3 battles (fought the buttom 3) my love level went up so I decided to exit the game center and to my surprise a msg in the city map tells me of 2 new msg, I went home and read the email and saw the msg saying that customized items for both Arnval and Fubuki are now available in the premium shop, but since my Arnval's +GC equipment are already complete I didn't see any difference but when I looked at the weapons category I found there the great shuriken +MT for Fubuki w/c is the only thing missing for her. So I thought that fighting those 3 at the game center was the key in unlocking the equipments. So I reloaded and tried testing it out, this time I used my Arnval since I was thinking if maybe because Yda got a Love level up. After that I was still able to unlock it. So I reloaded again and tested it thinking if it was neccessary to fight the buttom 3, so I fought 3 random rivals and still got the same result. Now this time w/o reloading I bought a Maochao and fought her one-make tourney and after clearing it I got the email and was able to unlock her CAT bits +GC. I then bought a Howling and cleared his one-make tourney and was able to get the email for her too.
- So when I think about it, this only happens after I fought rivals that has those equipment at new club valhalla, then after that fought 3 battles (even on a single rival) at the game center (this is the strange part, I tried less than 3 but when I exit out, the notice did not appear), then beat the one-make tourney for each shinki (you don't need to go back at the game center to fight again once you've unlock one set you can go ahead and clear the next shinki of your choice). However, its still bothers me why I need to fight 3 battles at the game center so I went home and when I checked the player data I noticed that it gave me the battle mania title for having 500 battle counts, so I then reloaded before I got the email for the first time I unlocked the +GC equipments. I noticed that my battle count was only 497, so I went to the official shop, bought a Maochao and tried clearing her one-make tourney thinking that since it consist of 3 battles it would be exactly 500 once I'm done. However after I beat her one-make tourney no email appeared, I checked my battle count and its only 498 w/c means the one make tourney only counts as 1 battle. So I went to the gaem center fought only 2 battles and once I've exited I received 3 email stating that the customized items for Armval, Fubuki and Maochao are now available at the premium shop.
- Therfore, I can conclude that to get the +GC equipments you need to clear the one-make tourney AND have a total battle count of 500. Fighting rivals w/ the equipment you need isn't really neccessary since most of them are found in the new club valhalla w/c you can only access if you select continue after finishing the game w/c contradicts w/ the option of selecting NG+ (though you can still get NG+ by winning the F1 finals again after you continue). And by slecting NG+ it clears your battle record for each rivals w/c would be a waste if you put a lot of time clearing new club valhalla however it justifies the fact that NG+ retains your battle counts.
Well I guess that's it, sorry for the long post, hope it helps. If someone else confirm or prove me wrong then pls do so since my purpose is to actually provide accurate information in this topic. Atleast now I can be at ease (my OC has been attacking me) since all my girls will have their equipment I can go on and level up their love ^_^. Thanks for reading.
I had a fight count of about 3000+ before I cleared my first playthrough (All Shinki at 20), so I didn't have the numbers on those prerequisites. The JP wiki I consulted didn't have that statistic either.
Guess it's high time I did a few updates on that FAQ...
I only review the games I like... and none of them are in eenglish.
- Topic Archived