• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Meat Boy
  3. This game isn't fun, it's torture

User Info: DrMatta

DrMatta
9 years ago#11

Get better at platform games i guess?

User Info: RecklessnessFTW

RecklessnessFTW
9 years ago#12
This game is awesome
I don't exist, stop hallucinating
Waiting for- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sonic Generations

User Info: Darkcloud20

Darkcloud20
9 years ago#13
This game is pretty easy until around dark mode world 3. I really don't see the torture.

User Info: kawalimus

kawalimus
9 years ago#14
The best part about the game is how you go into a level and it seems impossible and torturous but you get it bit by bit and eventually you pass it and get an A+. It's trial and error gaming done right, imo.

User Info: Darkcloud20

Darkcloud20
9 years ago#15
Yeah but the step from passing a level to getting A+ is not much. The trick is to do the levels fast. They are set up in a way that allows you to pass them quite good when you rush. In many cases better than when you act careful.

User Info: Nafzger

Nafzger
9 years ago#16
I just reached a point where I no longer give a ****. It's too hard for me to enjoy it at all now. The main problem I've always had with games like this is that once I get a section down, I'm sick of doing it. But I'll die on the part I need to figure out, and I'll have to keep doing the first section so much that I try to rush through to get back to the part I need to work on and keep making mistakes because I'm rushing. I want save states damn it.
PSN: ArsenalOfGlory
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.

User Info: PurestProdigy

PurestProdigy
9 years ago#17
Game is a cakewalk until I got to the end boss. Then on a scale of 1/10 I'd give that a 7 in terms of difficulty. Then Cotton Alley which I'd give a 7/10 to except the last level which is 8/10

Then it's easy again until DW 4 which I'd give a 6/10 as I would to DW 5. Getting the band-aids in world 5 was mildly difficult too. Then the Kid Warp Zone is 10/10 in terms of difficulty, the Dark version of the end boss is a 9/10 and Cotton Alley DW is a ****ing pain in my ass.

Cotton Alley DW marks the first time I've ever gone on the internet to get help in a freaking platformer.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: PurestProdigy

PurestProdigy
9 years ago#18
Oh and if you guys all like this game get Trials HD. It's not your typical racing game (try the demo) and getting platinum medals ****s all over this game in terms of difficulty.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: SILVERDEVIL000

SILVERDEVIL000
9 years ago#19
Some people like games that don't spoon feed you the entire way, believe it or not. Plus, this game is difficult, but not in a frustrating way. The length of the levels makes it so that you can die and immediately be right back to where you were and try again no problem, as opposed to a game that's hard as hell and you need to watch a 10 minute unskippable cutscene and fight three bosses over again before you get back to where you died.
Current Gear: Ibanez RG5EX1 (w/DiMarzio Evo in bridge), B-52 AT100 Head, B-52 LS412 slant cab.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Meat Boy
  3. This game isn't fun, it's torture
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Does every level have a bandage? Side Quest3 Answers
How do I find Flywrench's warp zone? Main Quest1 Answer
The characters...? General4 Answers
On what level can I find Jill? Side Quest1 Answer
C.H.A.D. boss level is broken. (?) Tech Support1 Answer