• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XIII
  3. What's with the "No Mai, No Buy" crap?

User Info: Twin_Blade_Mike

Twin_Blade_Mike
10 years ago#1

She's just a "sex appeal" character, it's not like she's that good, or interesting in the least.

Honestly though, the only thing I feel KOF 12 failed on was no story, online was crap, and too few stages. Other than that, it was fine to me.

User Info: JohnMavado

JohnMavado
10 years ago#2

She's just a "sex appeal" character, it's not like she's that good, or interesting in the least.

I find this rather amusing coming from you. Aren't you the guy always whining for that boring uninteresting furry?

Endgame (#040)
.....what the **** is a footjob?

User Info: Mutsu_Kenichi

Mutsu_Kenichi
10 years ago#3
^No, he's the one who always whining about Ibuki
Waiting for Super Street Fighter IV, Gundam Extreme VS and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (hopefully)
Psn : mutsu_kenichi

Twin_Blade_Mike
10 years ago#4

Ibuki got confirmed so i'm good, and Talbain needs to be in a crossover, but Mai isn't anything special at all. Haven't cared about Mai since Fatal Fury 2.

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
10 years ago#5
I believe it's because for KOF XII, SNK Playmore released an image showing a few characters as well as both Mai and K', with new artworks, that made many gamers believe that those two would have been in KOF XII, which never happened.

Furthermore, Mai was only in KOF XI as a console exclusive character, and a hidden one too. So people are starting to get pissed off by SNK's neglecting ways about Mai.

Technically, she's looking for Andy. Ironically, she doesn't appear in KOF games where he's in, and every time she's been in a KOF game, Andy wasn't.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.

Twin_Blade_Mike
10 years ago#6

I'm not AGAINST Mai or anything, i'm just wondering why Mai matters so badly as to void one's purchase.

User Info: Sephiroth Clone

Sephiroth Clone
10 years ago#7
^ Dudes like boobs.
Mai has boobs.
Dudes buy game.
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
10 years ago#8
^100% sadly right on the spot
Brawl FC=167657447586

User Info: motaqa

motaqa
10 years ago#9
"Technically, she's looking for Andy. Ironically, she doesn't appear in KOF games where he's in, and every time she's been in a KOF game, Andy wasn't."

You know what I find really ironic, the fact too many follow/fan of her yet her supposed "sweetheart" dumps her ass and avoid her each time.
"You lack devotion. Steady effort is what counts. Me? I'm the exception to the rule!" Kyo Kusanagi
KOFXII Revenge of Ono, KOFXIII a New Hope

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
10 years ago#10
motaqa wrote: "You know what I find really ironic, the fact too many follow/fan of her yet her supposed "sweetheart" dumps her ass and avoid her each time."

Indeed.

Twin_Blade_Mike wrote: "I'm not AGAINST Mai or anything, i'm just wondering why Mai matters so badly as to void one's purchase."

Don't worry dude, that's not what I said. I just pointed out some technical reasons. Furthermore, one more actually slipped: some gamers that played KOF from the beginning might have been mastering Mai for years, so if they announce a KOF without their character which they've spent years to master, those same gamers won't bother buying the game since their favorite character is not there.

In this case, it's not about her body, it's about her fighting style and gameplay mastery.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XIII
  3. What's with the "No Mai, No Buy" crap?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A