• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Fullmetal Alchemist - Yakusoku no Hi e
  3. How to defeat Gluttony when he wants to kill Mustang?!

User Info: saito1234

saito1234
10 years ago#1
He always kills me or Mustang, or anyone with 9000+ damage, and it's Gameover...
What to do??

User Info: quanticdream

quanticdream
10 years ago#2
One turn - he targets Mustang.
Next turn - he shoots that direction.

So... just don't stay on his way after he prepares to shoot =)
And yes, he always targets Mustang only.

saito1234
10 years ago#3
Thanks, I did it, but I can't defeat Father no matter what I do... it is the worst fight so war, If I try to defeat Envy+Gluttony time runs out, and if I ignore them Father always kills me, is there a good strategy or something? I'm already stuck for hours in this fight...

User Info: AdKhal

AdKhal
10 years ago#4
IM STUCK ON THAT TOO! but the objective is 2 get father's HP down to 80% (Thats y there is an 80% in all dat Japanese text). Im trying, but u can equip Ling with the Flash Bomb skill (Thats the one with the long range) and bline envy and gluttony. After that only use aphonse and edward to attack father. But when father looks like he is guarding, do not attack. get defensive. Also aplhonse should have the 500 HP Skill. Use it on ed in an emergency
"The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you can make even one person's life a little better"

quanticdream
10 years ago#5
Ignore Gluttony and Envy, attack father only...

just as AdKhal said, get defensive wher father takes a defencive stance, or he will counter any skill...
always have some mana enough for emergency healing...
and check what's father weak for... select him with circle and look for the attribute... attack him with it =)

User Info: tincan31

tincan31
10 years ago#6
This is how I defeated Father... (well, cut his HP down to 80%)

Yeah, ignore Envy and Gluttony, though I DO use Ling to attack Envy for the heck of it. I only use Ed and Al to attack Father, and make sure you stay as far as possible from him. I don't use Ling to attack Father because Father *will* attack Ling whenever Ling is close to him, and Ling can get killed easily like that, so just use Ling on Envy (or don't bother using Ling at all).

I don't know if your Al learned the healing technique yet, but it's a good idea to keep Al's MP above 100 so that you can have him heal 1000HP on himself or Ed whenever needed.

And that should take about 65 turns to pass that stage... well I took 67 turns, so, yeah. =)

saito1234
10 years ago#7
Thanks, I did it, I attacked Father with Ed only. Ling->Envy, and healed him with Al, when it was needed, they built up the combo gauge too, it wasn't that hard like this.
Now I completed the game, the soldiers with philosopher stones was the last fight... it is a bit disappointing, it could have been longer, but it was 10 hours to finish, so it isn't that bad..
How can I fight against Pride? I read there's a special fight somehow.

saito1234
10 years ago#8
I found it, Special, EX Mode, first fight in the second menu,,,
I wonder if there are more special fights like this which are happening after the main storyline?

quanticdream
10 years ago#9
we'll see after they post more passwords =)
  1. Boards
  2. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Fullmetal Alchemist - Yakusoku no Hi e
  3. How to defeat Gluttony when he wants to kill Mustang?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A