• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Party
  3. Is this version censored?

User Info: TheSaltman

TheSaltman
4 years ago#1
I still don't understand, and the information i've found on the internet regarding said issue is really scarce. Is the PSP release censored or something? Cause if it is, i'd rather pick up the 3DS or Steam release, even though the latter is really old and has no extra art and stuff.

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
4 years ago#2
This version has no censorship of any sort, so you'd be fine picking up this version. Do note though that the 3DS version has some extra benefits this version doesn't though, mainly a few new EXchapters (short, 10-20 minute chapters that elaborate on backstory/side events) and the character sprites being re-adjusted to have the proper pixel ratio (they're a bit blurry in the PSP release since they they're the same sprites as the PC version, and weren't adjusted for the new resolution - it's not too bad though, so a lot of people don't even notice), So considering that, you may want to wait for the 3DS version anyway.

That said though, those addtions/changes aren't anything too big, so I'd only really suggest that if you have a 3DS anyway. If you don't, the PSP version's definitely fine.

User Info: TheSaltman

TheSaltman
4 years ago#3
Ajogamer posted...
This version has no censorship of any sort, so you'd be fine picking up this version. Do note though that the 3DS version has some extra benefits this version doesn't though, mainly a few new EXchapters (short, 10-20 minute chapters that elaborate on backstory/side events) and the character sprites being re-adjusted to have the proper pixel ratio (they're a bit blurry in the PSP release since they they're the same sprites as the PC version, and weren't adjusted for the new resolution - it's not too bad though, so a lot of people don't even notice), So considering that, you may want to wait for the 3DS version anyway.

That said though, those addtions/changes aren't anything too big, so I'd only really suggest that if you have a 3DS anyway. If you don't, the PSP version's definitely fine.

Thank you for the info, i don't currently have a 3DS but i was willing to buy one soon. SInce i've been waiting to play this game for a long time, i think i'll buy the PSP version (also cause it's really cheap, 9,98€ on the PSN) and maybe when i get a 3DS i'll buy that version too. I actually wanted to play this on the PC (mostly cause i'm a PC gamer, but i also love JRPGs/Visual novels which are usually console only) but since that version is super old i'll go with the PSP,
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Party
  3. Is this version censored?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A