• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Party
  3. started playing the game on an emulator, i am in ch2 now... just wow!

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
5 years ago#21
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
CP deserves all the success it get and more. it is easily on bar with silent hill and far better than RE.

B-but the first three....

including the first 3 games. RE has always been about using cheap jumpscares and terrible controls/camera angles to make you scared. SH and CP actually scare you with their atmosphere and sense of dread.

Terrible controls/camera angles? The camera angles were there on purpose, to make you feel like you were controlling a character in a movie. Have you played REmake? I doubt it, since you claim that the atmosphere isn't scary.

Just because you suck at a game doesn't make it any less scary.

why would i play REmake?I played the first 3 games and many of their clones and concluded that they are"cheap horror"personified.Tank controls are atrocious and exist only to hinder your ability to defend yourself,thus creating a fake sense of horror due to the bad controls. most of the scares were either the"dog jumped out of the window"type or the"i cant see what is 10 meters in front or back of me due to the fixed camera angle"type. other than the first one,SH gave you total control of your character. in addition,you had far more ammo/useful items.most imnportantly,it utilised a true sense of dread and atmosphere. while CP is a different type of game,the" true sense of dread and atmosphere"is amazingly showcased here as well.

REmake is a masterpiece. It's a lot better than any other RE game, if you're into atmosphere. It's worth giving a try, especially the HD version, which has improved controls.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
5 years ago#22
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
CP deserves all the success it get and more. it is easily on bar with silent hill and far better than RE.

B-but the first three....

including the first 3 games. RE has always been about using cheap jumpscares and terrible controls/camera angles to make you scared. SH and CP actually scare you with their atmosphere and sense of dread.

Terrible controls/camera angles? The camera angles were there on purpose, to make you feel like you were controlling a character in a movie. Have you played REmake? I doubt it, since you claim that the atmosphere isn't scary.

Just because you suck at a game doesn't make it any less scary.

why would i play REmake?I played the first 3 games and many of their clones and concluded that they are"cheap horror"personified.Tank controls are atrocious and exist only to hinder your ability to defend yourself,thus creating a fake sense of horror due to the bad controls. most of the scares were either the"dog jumped out of the window"type or the"i cant see what is 10 meters in front or back of me due to the fixed camera angle"type. other than the first one,SH gave you total control of your character. in addition,you had far more ammo/useful items.most imnportantly,it utilised a true sense of dread and atmosphere. while CP is a different type of game,the" true sense of dread and atmosphere"is amazingly showcased here as well.

So a certain type of horror is "fake" because you say so? Because you can't get the controls down? They're actually more manageable than people think, especially in the later entries. It's a lot like car controls. Are you a bad driver? :P

Horror movies, like Alien for example, are all about suspense. RE achieves that by not revealing everything to you all at once, with its fixed camera angles. Given that the fixed camera angles play a major part in the scare factor, how would you design the control scheme? Believe it or not, the "tank" controls actually work better than the control scheme you might be asking for, which was actually put in the remaster of REmake. Why? Because up on the d-pad is always forward, left on the d-pad is always turn left, right on the d-pad is always turn right, and down on the d-pad is always back up. There is a button combo (in the later games at least, probably even RE2) that lets you do a quick 180 degree turn, so mobility isn't a problem there either.
Currently playing: Games. Lots of them.
https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/2132/510/original.jpg

User Info: twadepsvita

twadepsvita
5 years ago#23
In order to play Blood Drive, you will need a Vita. If you have one, why would you use an emulator? It's less than a tenner for each game, and it supports the devs.
Consoles I own: N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, GCN, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Wii U, Ouya, PS4, GB, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS XL, Vita, New 3DS.
Best Game: Tetris (any version)

Zero_Maniac
5 years ago#24
twadepsvita posted...
In order to play Blood Drive, you will need a Vita. If you have one, why would you use an emulator? It's less than a tenner for each game, and it supports the devs.

Wrong, it's 20 for both. And I don't think his OP stated that he had a Vita, more like implied. He could have a Vita, but he'd be the one to clear that up. He probably can't just slap a $20 down every time he thinks about playing a game. But he still shouldn't be using an emulator to play a game he doesn't own, let alone advertise it. If it were an old game that doesn't make the dev money anymore, there wouldn't be a problem. But this is still purchasable physically and digitally.

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
5 years ago#25
no vita/psp
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 1951-0187-1913

Zero_Maniac
5 years ago#26
PSOGuy25 posted...
no vita/psp

Well, there you go twade. Doesn't even have the system.

I'd recommend getting a PSP sooner rather than later, TC. Prices will go up fast soon, as none of the models are in production anymore.

PSOGuy25
5 years ago#27
well they havent really decreased either where i am at. i was planning to get a vita for xmas, but it doesnt look like i will have the money for it. there was a ton of games for vita that came out in the last few months i want to play. :S

also i am not a fan of digital games when they have physical releases elsewhere. if it was only digital release, like terraria was, that would be one thing, but since terraria is now on physical media, that is another story, i would get physical any day over a digital title.

Zero_Maniac
5 years ago#28
PSOGuy25 posted...
well they havent really decreased either where i am at. i was planning to get a vita for xmas, but it doesnt look like i will have the money for it. there was a ton of games for vita that came out in the last few months i want to play. :S

also i am not a fan of digital games when they have physical releases elsewhere. if it was only digital release, like terraria was, that would be one thing, but since terraria is now on physical media, that is another story, i would get physical any day over a digital title.

I agree, but with PSP games, I prefer digital if I can, because physical copies tend to have problems that the digital versions don't, like loading times. In DXC, a physical version will even have lip sync issues because of this.

PSOGuy25
5 years ago#29
Zero_Maniac posted...
PSOGuy25 posted...

I agree, but with PSP games, I prefer digital if I can, because physical copies tend to have problems that the digital versions don't, like loading times. In DXC, a physical version will even have lip sync issues because of this.

luckily i have never had a problem with lip syncing, the loading can be annoying at times though. at least the later games have the install game option.

Zero_Maniac
5 years ago#30
PSOGuy25 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
PSOGuy25 posted...

luckily i have never had a problem with lip syncing, the loading can be annoying at times though. at least the later games have the install game option.

I suppose, yeah. Another reason for digital is that you can put them on your Vita, if you get one.
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Party
  3. started playing the game on an emulator, i am in ch2 now... just wow!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A