• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FeiFongWong23

FeiFongWong23
6 years ago#1
Just purchased Pokemon Black today for the 3ds and seems to be on the internet just fine until it asks me to connect to nintendo wfc. I have done multiple searches in this forum, but can't find any answers or solutions to my problem. I keep getting error code 51099 when I try and log into the Global trade or anything that requires the nintendo wfc. All other games work fine on my 3ds, but from what I understand the black and white should work fine on the 3ds because they are compatible with wpa and wpa2. I have tried doing the profile trick, resetting my network connection, and even entering the manual one in on another thread. Trading is a big part of the end game for me on the pokemon games so I would like to get this figured out as soon as possible so I am ready to go after I beat it. Any help would be greatly appreciated or any suggestions.

PS Thanks in advance and no my router does not support wep.
"Gotta pay the cost, to be the boss."

User Info: Mothership1953

Mothership1953
6 years ago#2
Go to Nintendo.com site and find the 3 DS help section. Enter your error code to find out what it is and how to fix it.

Also..be sure the wi fi switch on the right side of the 3 DS is turned on.
Black FC: 0905 2410 2458

FeiFongWong23
6 years ago#3
I have been there already and like I said my wifi is working on the game up until I have to connect to nintendo wfc. The error code is a DS/DSi error code for a non compatible router. But these games are supposed to be an enhanced ds game which means they work of the 3ds game settings like wpa/wpa2.

FeiFongWong23
6 years ago#4
Alright I figured it out, system had to be moved back to 54mbps setting to I could connect.. nintendo is weak sometimes, but god bless em' Thanks for the help.

User Info: Mothership1953

Mothership1953
6 years ago#5
I'm glad you got it to work :)
Black FC: 0905 2410 2458

FeiFongWong23
6 years ago#6
The only thing is the internet I have is around 60 to 70 mbps down and I have to convert my router to 54 mbps only to get the wep to work. So I really only think I'll do that when some events come out haha. As for the network settings for the game I really hope Ver 2 is more compatible for 3ds network.

User Info: drothegreat0ne

drothegreat0ne
6 years ago#7
FeiFongWong23 posted...
The only thing is the internet I have is around 60 to 70 mbps down and I have to convert my router to 54 mbps only to get the wep to work. So I really only think I'll do that when some events come out haha. As for the network settings for the game I really hope Ver 2 is more compatible for 3ds network.

What router do you have?
"Pokemon is a ripoff of Baseball, because you throw balls and run around in grassy fields."
-Minamo
  • Topic Archived