• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. "These new Pokemon don't look like Pokemon anymore, they look like digimon now "

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
8 years ago#1
Has this complaint ever bothered you before? and before you say how cOLD it is in here, don't worry. I have my thermostat on. In all seriousness though, it's always irked when someone says this. What makes a pokemon a pokemon, and a digimon a digimon? What's the difference between the two? Do they even know the difference between a pokemon and a digimon, cause far as I'm concerned, these pokemon look NOTHING like Digimon. What's your thoughts when someone says how the new pokemon look like digimon?
It's effin science!

User Info: InfamousCarl

InfamousCarl
8 years ago#2
I thought that back when R/S came out, and when Digimon was still on tv (at least to my knowledge). Took me a while to warm up to Ruby but 3rd gen does have some of my favorite pokes

User Info: QualiT

QualiT
8 years ago#3
Yu-Gi-oh!
All Things Require Sacrifice.

User Info: Ventanrex

Ventanrex
8 years ago#4
I think the issue has to do with how 90's cartoons looked compared to modern coloring. Most of the old artwork had a more anime feel because of that, so people feel more of a connection to them.
As for the Digimon issue, most Digimon (I think anyways) have a more cyber digital feel to them as opposed to the natural animal feel of Pokemon. Dialga looks like a robo-cyborg-pony, for instance, which bothers some people.
'Course, nobody ever complains about Magnemite, but whatever...
Only took 'till level 31.
Ventanrex, official Korok member of the Knights of Safe Haven.

User Info: OmniMidKnight

OmniMidKnight
8 years ago#5
Tyranidomega posted...
"What makes a pokemon a pokemon, and a digimon a digimon? What's the difference between the two?"

Pokemon have simple and easy to follow evolutions. digimon can apparently digivolve into what ever they need too at any given moment, at first the ranks and paths were simple, but they kept getting cluttered with more ways to digivolve, new digimon, and new digivolutions.

Now digimon's a pure mess. There's no real way to accurately keep track of it all. It loses that feeling of familiarity.
Pokemon W: (Knight) 3825 7871 9422
"Keep that bandwagon rollin' because I won't be getting on."

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
8 years ago#6
OmniMidKnight posted...
Tyranidomega posted...
"What makes a pokemon a pokemon, and a digimon a digimon? What's the difference between the two?"

Pokemon have simple and easy to follow evolutions. digimon can apparently digivolve into what ever they need too at any given moment, at first the ranks and paths were simple, but they kept getting cluttered with more ways to digivolve, new digimon, and new digivolutions.

Now digimon's a pure mess. There's no real way to accurately keep track of it all. It loses that feeling of familiarity.

Exactly, and IMO the 5th gen pokemon still have that simplicity.
It's effin science!

User Info: rapsbry

rapsbry
8 years ago#7
I don't know if this is relevant, but someone in a facebook group I'm in has Zodomon from digimon as his profile pic when it's obvious that it's pokemon profile pic of the month. I congradulated him, but left it ambiguous so I either congradulated him for not knowing the difference between pokemon and digimon, or I congradulated him for knowing the difference and trolling everying with that knowledge. Either way, I lol'd.
Capcom, you lost my trust.
Brawl FC: 5327-0561-2993 PSN: ksalfer

User Info: Metleon

Metleon
8 years ago#8
Honestly, most Rookie level Digimon would look fine as Pokemon. Even something like Kyubimon doesn't look that much different than Suicune. Any "they look like Digimon" argument would have to show that the Pokemon have crazy things like Gargomon's arm cannons.
Black FC: 0475 7319 5671

User Info: Gunswordz

Gunswordz
8 years ago#9
Who else can't wait for Digimon Story: Lost Evolution?
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.

User Info: maynot

maynot
8 years ago#10
Well, they did change the evolution screen in Gen V. Instead of what looks more like shifting, now it looks like they are Digivolving.
I play lots of games. About 90% of them are played in my head.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. "These new Pokemon don't look like Pokemon anymore, they look like digimon now "
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A