The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Error code 31020 when trying to use mystery gift?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Error code 31020 when trying to use mystery gift?

User Info: jamie0003

jamie0003
6 years ago#1
I seem to be having issues using mystery gift. Recently, I upgraded my router to WEP Security, and have had this issue ever since. I'm using a 3DS.

It connects fine otherwise, as does the 3DS games, just when I try to download the latest VIctini event, it comes up with Error code 31020.

For some reason I get the same problem when trying to change my C-gear skin, and have to change it back to what it was before it will work.

jamie0003
6 years ago#2
Bump

User Info: ares9090

ares9090
6 years ago#3

Error Code: 31020
Was this information helpful?

The Nintendo 3DS system was unable to connect to the internet.

Where are you trying to connect from?

Wireless Home Router (please scroll down)
Hotspot (click here)

Using a router:

Check for wireless interference, which can affect the signal strength to the Nintendo 3DS. To help minimize wireless interference, try the following:
Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.
Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.

Still stuck? We can help! We have an easy-to-follow guide that will walk you through the process of creating a new connection file and starting from scratch. Even if you're sure you've entered the correct security key, we suggest following our guide to create a new connection file and start over. If at the end you still need help, you'll find contact information to reach our specially-trained representatives.

Platinum FC Ares 3695 6100 4083 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk

jamie0003
6 years ago#4
ares9090 posted...
Error Code: 31020
Was this information helpful?

The Nintendo 3DS system was unable to connect to the internet.

Where are you trying to connect from?

Wireless Home Router (please scroll down)
Hotspot (click here)

Using a router:

Check for wireless interference, which can affect the signal strength to the Nintendo 3DS. To help minimize wireless interference, try the following:
Make sure that the Nintendo 3DS is within 30 feet of the wireless access point and facing in its general direction.
Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off.

Still stuck? We can help! We have an easy-to-follow guide that will walk you through the process of creating a new connection file and starting from scratch. Even if you're sure you've entered the correct security key, we suggest following our guide to create a new connection file and start over. If at the end you still need help, you'll find contact information to reach our specially-trained representatives.

Umm, I have said that it already works, it just doesn't work when trying to use mystery gift. Every other wifi feature works, as do the internet features of the 3DS...

User Info: ares9090

ares9090
6 years ago#5
Then You should contact Nintendo.
Platinum FC Ares 3695 6100 4083 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk

User Info: Miggi3Fr3sh

Miggi3Fr3sh
6 years ago#6
You said you upgraded to WEP and have had this issue ever since... Maybe you should contact Nintendo if Ares response didn't work because that's the problem with that Error code.
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Game Center: Miggi3Fr3sh

jamie0003
6 years ago#7
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
You said you upgraded to WEP and have had this issue ever since... Maybe you should contact Nintendo if Ares response didn't work because that's the problem with that Error code.

WPA, and I see no reason why it isn't working, but I will try it.

User Info: CryogonaI

CryogonaI
6 years ago#8
Let me know what you find out, TC. I have the same issue, but everything else works fine - just accessed the DW and was playing some MK7 online earlier. I haven't changed my network settings at all in the past year either, and I got the previous Liberty Pass event.
www.deviantart.com/download/200019296/cryogonal_by_cyndaquil_cdb-d3b33vk.png
Don't worry, I've no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing either.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Error code 31020 when trying to use mystery gift?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived