• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Life orb question.

User Info: GalladetheGreat

GalladetheGreat
9 years ago#81
M_M_RandySavage posted...
GalladetheGreat posted...
It is impossible for a pokemon to have 9/10 hit points, or any fractional value for that matter. Why is Shedinja OHKO'd by Sandstorm, if Sandstorm takes away 1/16 health? By your logic, shouldn't Shedinja have 15/16 hit points? Don't try and tell me the mechanics of the two are different. Damage is damage.

I hate to break it to you but they are different mechanics and not all damage is treated the same way. An attack like sucker punch will not ko shedinja if it has a focus sash, but if you burn it the focus sash does not stop it. So by your logic burn would not ko a sashed shedinja correct?

When this item is held by a Pokémon, if the Pokémon has full HP but is hit by an attack that would knock it out, this item prevents the holder from fainting and keeps it at 1HP. The Focus Sash disappears after use.

Is Burn an attack?
So I won't have to type it later:
[GalladetheGreat]-[Vinay]-[1163 0871 5829]

User Info: lolman7712

lolman7712
9 years ago#82
This is hilarious. I love the ridiculous logic the guy is using, and I love the fact that you guys are entertaining him like this.

>_>

Though a life orb does ko Shedinja. Weather does him in, status does him in, recoil does him in, so life orb should too.
Triple Jam is my board. Fan of Kirby, Pokemon, SSB, and PANIC.
Proud to be a brony. http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/

User Info: M_M_RandySavage

M_M_RandySavage
9 years ago#83
It is impossible for a pokemon to have 9/10 hit points, or any fractional value for that matter. Why is Shedinja OHKO'd by Sandstorm, if Sandstorm takes away 1/16 health? By your logic, shouldn't Shedinja have 15/16 hit points? Don't try and tell me the mechanics of the two are different. Damage is damage.

I hate to break it to you but they are different mechanics and not all damage is treated the same way. An attack like sucker punch will not ko shedinja if it has a focus sash, but if you burn it the focus sash does not stop it. So by your logic burn would not ko a sashed shedinja correct?

When this item is held by a Pokémon, if the Pokémon has full HP but is hit by an attack that would knock it out, this item prevents the holder from fainting and keeps it at 1HP. The Focus Sash disappears after use.

Is Burn an attack?

Am I crazy or did you say "damage is damage"? I definitely remember you saying that

User Info: webhead43

webhead43
9 years ago#84

RedArchangel20 posted...
It's just way too easy sometimes.Thanks to people like webhead.
---
XBL Gamertag: ServerOfJustice // PKMN Black: Allie (0261 1445 1406)
"I must capture the Avatar and restore my honor."

Lol well i do try my best...

M_M_RandySavage
9 years ago#85
lolman7712 posted...
This is hilarious. I love the ridiculous logic the guy is using, and I love the fact that you guys are entertaining him like this.

>_>

Though a life orb does ko Shedinja. Weather does him in, status does him in, recoil does him in, so life orb should too.

Of course it will ko him eventually but it will not ohko him

User Info: thepkmnmaster

thepkmnmaster
9 years ago#86
1. If you haven't used Shedinja, you shouldn't argue.

2. You're right, not all damage is treated the same way. However, all residual damage is. The minimum damage possible, assuming affected, is 1. This factor is taken into account before the rounding is. Because HP is counted by integers, Shedinja is forced to take 1 HP from all damaging effects. Weather, status, entry hazards, Leech Seed, move recoil, Berry recoil, and Life Orb will kill Shedinja.
Every life ends, but life itself never does.
"Flying Kick-a-Pow!" -Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender

User Info: GalladetheGreat

GalladetheGreat
9 years ago#87

Is Burn an attack?

Am I crazy or did you say "damage is damage"? I definitely remember you saying that

Fine, I will admit I am wrong. There are 2 types of damage, direct and indirect. Direct damage is when a pokemon literally attacks the other pokemon. Focus Sash will work in this instance. Indirect damage is stuff such as Entry hazards, weather, status, and recoil. Focus Sash will not work in this instance. As you can see, Life Orb(recoil) and Burn(status) are both indirect damage. Since burn will OHKO a shedinja(even though it says 1/8 damage), Life Orb recoil will OHKO Shedinja as well.
So I won't have to type it later:
[GalladetheGreat]-[Vinay]-[1163 0871 5829]

M_M_RandySavage
9 years ago#88
thepkmnmaster posted...

2. You're right, not all damage is treated the same way. However, all residual damage is. The minimum damage possible, assuming affected, is 1. This factor is taken into account before the rounding is. Because HP is counted by integers, Shedinja is forced to take 1 HP from all damaging effects. Weather, status, entry hazards, Leech Seed, move recoil, Berry recoil, and Life Orb will kill Shedinja.

Ok how many times do I have to say this. Please tell me where it says life orb will ohko any pokemon that is holding it

User Info: thepkmnmaster

thepkmnmaster
9 years ago#89
thepkmnmaster posted...

Ok how many times do I have to say this. Please tell me where it says life orb will ohko any pokemon that is holding it

It didn't. It won't OHKO anyone except Shedinja...

As I said, all residual damage is treated the same. Burn takes away 1/8 HP each turn.

That means, Burn leave Shedinja with 7/8, or 0.875, or 8.75% health. Because it rounds up, eventually it will die. Nowhere it says Burn will OHKO anyone...

WRONG. Burn OHKOs it. Using your logic, Burn still gets Shedinja. So Life Orb does too, thanks to residual damage being treated the same.
Every life ends, but life itself never does.
"Flying Kick-a-Pow!" -Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender

User Info: sincarnation

sincarnation
9 years ago#90
Can someone explain to me the point of trolling? it just seems immature and ignorant.
Remember you can't spell manslaughter without laughter!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Life orb question.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A