• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Befriend A Pokemon Guide

User Info: Ameriph

Ameriph
9 years ago#1
Seen a bunch of topics regarding the new Befriend A Pokemon game and figured why not make a guide?

Table of Contents:
1) What is Befriend A Pokemon?
2) What are the rewards?
3) How do I determine which Eevee evolution I get?
4) This game is horrible! How do I beat it?
5) It didn't save my choice!
6) Link to game.
7) Orbs to get and Orbs to avoid.
8) List of Dream World Eeveeloution abilities.

1) What is Befriend A Pokemon?

Befriend A Pokemon is a new game on the official Pokemon website, www.pokemon.com. It plays like Breakout--you have to destroy all of the destroyable blocks while not letting the ball drop out of the screen. The blocks will drop orbs that can either help or hurt you, and some orbs that account for the Eeveeloution that you get.

2) What are the rewards?

Upon completion of the game, you're prompted with an Eevee evolution. You can either save or ignore this. The Eevee evolution that you save will be available to you on the Dream World when it launches. Dream World Pokemon have different abilities from standard Pokemon.

3) How do I determine which Eevee evolution I get?

Collect the colored Orbs. Each orb gives you a chance to meet a different Eevee evolution. You'll get a choice of the Eevee evolution for the one you collected the most of.

Fire: Flareon
Thunder(brownish): Jolteon
Water(kind of blue): Vaporeon
Pink: Espeon
Black: Umbreon
Ice(a slightly brighter blue than Water, design is different, though): Glaceon
Green: Leafeon

You cannot get a Dream World Eevee from this game.

NOTE: YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT BEFORE PLAYING BEFORE YOU CAN SELECT THE EEVEELOUTION THAT YOU WANT

4) This game is horrible! How do I beat it?

Yes, the physics, well, point-blank, suck. The best way to beat it is to keep the ball below the EXACT center of your platform. Collecting the red arrowed balls will slow the ball down. There is also an extra life on the third level, which will help significantly.

5) It didn't save my choice!

The best way to check whether or not if it actually saved your choice is to go to a different page on the site, then go back(WITHOUT using the back arrow) to the game. If it saved your choice, you will be receive a pop-up that says something along the lines of "You have already selected to meet [Eevee evolution]. This cannot be changed, but you may continue to play anyway." If it really didn't save your choice, try again.

6) LINK TO GAME

http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/online-games/play-to-befriend-a-pokemon_fg/

DO NOT POST YET
If I could kill The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, or Justin Beiber, I would kill Justin Beiber. People who agree: 17

Ameriph
9 years ago#2
7) Orbs to get and Orbs to avoid

DO get: Red arrows, Extra life, Blue orbs with arrows pointing OUTWARD, and orbs of the Eevee evolution that you want, and pink orb with what looks like a splatter on it.

DON'T get: Green arrows, Blue Orbs with arrows pointing INWARD, and orbs of the Eevee evolution that you DON'T want.

8) List of Eeveeloution Dream World Abilities

Flareon: Guts--Raises Attack when afflicted with a Status Ailment.
Jolteon: Quick Feet--Raises Speed when afflicted with a Status Ailment.
Vaporeon: Hydration--Recovers Status while in the Rain.
Espeon: Magic Bounce--Causes Status Lowering moves used against it to lower the attacker's Status instead. Does not work with Turbo Blaze, Tetra Volt, No Guard, and Mold Breaker. Say, for example, an Ekans used Leer on Espeon. The Leer would lower the Defense of Ekans rather than Espeon. If a Machoke had used Leer, however, Espeon's defense would have still been lowered due to its ability No Guard.
Umbreon: Inner Focus--Prevents Flinching.
Glaceon: Ice Body--Restores HP while in Hail.
Leafeon: Cholorophyll--Doubles Speed while in intense Sun.

EDIT#2: Credit to above list goes to pokemon.marriland.com and serebii.net.

Please Request A Sticky. This will hopefully cut down on the number of topics regarding the game.

EDIT: You may post now.
If I could kill The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, or Justin Beiber, I would kill Justin Beiber. People who agree: 17

User Info: Axels_Blade

Axels_Blade
9 years ago#3
This is a nice, to the point, guide. Good job TC. :)
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.

Ameriph
9 years ago#4
Axels_Blade posted...
This is a nice, to the point, guide. Good job TC. :)

Thanks. In my experience using guides, I've found the best ones to be short and to the point, but not so short that any significant information is excluded.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
9 years ago#5
Great guide. As far as abilities go Espeon's seems by far the best, followed by Vaporeon. May get one of each.

When does this Eveelution event end?
PSN: hyperdd
Main PSN activities are Sonic 4 leaderboards and Bioshock 2 online play.

Ameriph
9 years ago#6
ssj_duelist posted...
Great guide. As far as abilities go Espeon's seems by far the best, followed by Vaporeon. May get one of each.

You can only get one of them per account(and Game Synch will likely link your profile to your cartridge). The end date is not posted but it's expected to be around the time that the Dream World is released outside of Japan, if not shortly after.

User Info: Don_of_Blades

Don_of_Blades
9 years ago#7
uhhhh jolteon is quick feet, not moxie for its DW ability, you may want to change that in your guide.

link: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/135.shtml

User Info: DragonFantasy

DragonFantasy
9 years ago#8
Haven't actually played the minigame yet, but the best eeveelutions look like Flareon and Espeon because of their abilities.
Official Nobody of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Board
Dragonfantasy, the Pariah

Ameriph
9 years ago#9
Don_of_Blades posted...
uhhhh jolteon is quick feet, not moxie for its DW ability, you may want to change that in your guide.

link: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/135.shtml

Oh, really. Thanks for that. Will do.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
9 years ago#10
Ameriph posted...
ssj_duelist posted...

You can only get one of them per account(and Game Synch will likely link your profile to your cartridge). The end date is not posted but it's expected to be around the time that the Dream World is released outside of Japan, if not shortly after.

So it isn't one per cartridge? Damn.

What's stoping me from making multiple accounts though?
PSN: hyperdd
Main PSN activities are Sonic 4 leaderboards and Bioshock 2 online play.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Befriend A Pokemon Guide
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Moveset Guide by KholdStare88 5 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough by Andrew Testa 6 years ago
Battle Subway Pokemon Moveset List by Team Rocket Elite 6 years ago
Strategy Guide by serlkamb 6 years ago
Pokemon Location Guide by BikdipOnABus 7 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A