• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. C/D: It's entirely possible to memorize every Pokemon

User Info: Crimsonaire

Crimsonaire
8 years ago#1
Only underachievers think otherwise.

The way the game is set up, you gradually learn all the new Pokemon and moves in each gen by getting exposed to a few in each new section of the game (Route, Cave, Gym, etc).

Couple that with the human mind's amazing capacity to store and retrieve information that's associated with an image, it is entirely plausible for a healthy human mind to memorize every Pokemon out there, up to this point.

Take for example babies. When they're learning how to talk, a lot of parents use flash cards to help them learn words. That word (such as "apple") will then always be associated to that image of an apple. Just simply apply that theory to Pokemon. If you go around calling a yellow rat with electrical powers "Pikachu" eventually, you're going to know to call the thing "Pikachu" just based on a simple image.

I would even go so far as to say that, so long as the formula stays the same, we could probably have 1000+ and still know each and every one's name and type based on appearance alone.
Days without getting modded: 4 (vvv if you need to get a hold of me, use that link vvv)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=983100

User Info: ArcangelParagon

ArcangelParagon
8 years ago#2
C

A better question would be is if it's possible to memorize every pokemon, their national and regional dex numbers, what moves they learn, specifically how they learn it (e.g. what level?), specifically how they evolve (again, like what level?), which game and versions feature them, which locations can they be found in, what egg groups they belong in, which trainers uses them if any, and what their base stats are.

...but it'd still be a yes or no answer, so it's not that much better.
"Im not stupid. GAMEFAQ's PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC SINCE MY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED!"
- bes4360

User Info: Mufufu_Master

Mufufu_Master
8 years ago#3
Well, I've memorized (for the most part) just about all of them, but you have to give me an image, i.e., you can't give me a blank sheet and say "name all the kanto pokemon" :P

same goes for names to images.
All your base are belong to us.
YGO: WC 2010 FC: 1548-7089-0020

User Info: Defyingthelaw

Defyingthelaw
8 years ago#4

im not sure you can know type based on appearance alone. For the longest time I thought Dunsparce was bug. And Mawile can look normal, rock, or earth or even dark.

And Im pretty sure I could name every pokemon. So do you mean all their attacks as well? That would be hard.

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
8 years ago#5
I have them all memorized in the sense that you can show me any Pokemon and I can tell you who it is. Hell you could probably just show me their sillouette and I could tell you who it is.

But if you want me to name them all numerically in National dex order...

I'll get some right but...yyyyyeah, not gonna happen.
Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42

User Info: Minjo26

Minjo26
8 years ago#6
Without a doubt, 100%, C

I could EASILY name every Pokemon if given a picture.
I do not know them well enough to name them in order off the top of my head, but I am sure I could easily do it if i tried.

User Info: aftershock576

aftershock576
8 years ago#7
I have them all memorized in the sense that you can show me any Pokemon and I can tell you who it is. Hell you could probably just show me their sillouette and I could tell you who it is.

But if you want me to name them all numerically in National dex order...

I'll get some right but...yyyyyeah, not gonna happen.

This.

Crimsonaire
8 years ago#8
See? You guys get me.

Word-picture association goes a long way for memorization.

I don't get why there's always someone that barges in and goes "hurrr 2 many pokemen i cant remember nething past the original 150 hurrr"

I blame the rap music and all the MTVs.
Days without getting modded: 4 (vvv if you need to get a hold of me, use that link vvv)

User Info: ArcangelParagon

ArcangelParagon
8 years ago#9
>>>I blame the rap music and all the MTVs.<<<

Don't blame rap. I can name the first 150 for sure because of the Pokerap.
"Im not stupid. GAMEFAQ's PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC SINCE MY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED!"
- bes4360

Crimsonaire
8 years ago#10

From: fireinthewronghole | Posted: 4/24/2010 1:41:01 AM | #009
>>>I blame the rap music and all the MTVs.<<<

Don't blame rap. I can name the first 150 for sure because of the Pokerap.

ELECTRODE DIGLETT NIDORAN MANKEY
VENUSAUR RATTATA FEAROW PIDGEY
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. C/D: It's entirely possible to memorize every Pokemon
  • Topic Archived