• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Genesect is an upgraded Kabutops!

User Info: PokeMin111

PokeMin111
7 years ago#1
So I have a bit of a theory, I mean look at them!
http://i42.tinypic.com/ngufk9.png
They're close relatives that's for sure! But lets take a moment to look at the facts for a second before you fanboi's jump on me.

" Kabuto is a rock type and Genesect is bug type, that doesn't work "
Right but Kabutops is only rock type from being a fossil look at Kabuto without knowing it's a rock type, you'd probably assume it'd be a bug type, making Kabutop's a Water/Bug before fossilization.

"It is indicated that even before Team Plasma powered up Genesect, it was a skilled and ruthless hunter. "

Well then...
"Kabutops is a fierce prehistoric predator. Adaptations in its body permit it to lead a more terrestrial lifestyle than its predecessors. It is also very adaptive as shown when its prey started living on land and Kabutops adapted to living on land as well."
Sounds pretty ruthless to me!

Furthermore fish started evolving into land creatures of 400 million years ago, Kabutop's is in the middle of this stage, Genesect is allegedly from 300 million years ago, the stage of evolution would've all ready been complete, thus explaining genesect's inability to swim like Kabutop's.

Knowing that Team Plasma focused on Kabutop's special attacks more than physical, this explains why Kabuto's attack of 115 is only boosted a little bit to 120 while his special attack is risen to this amount by mounting a cannon on its back.

"But then why does Kabutop's have more physical defense"

Simple. Kabutop's defense comes form its rock-like exoskeleton, rock is a lot more durable than steel, for example, throw a rock at another rock, the rock will probably not break or show signs of damage. Throw the same rock at someones car, its more than likely to dent.

I think I've explained myself enough... Genesect learns rock polish :3

User Info: Metleon

Metleon
7 years ago#2
Metagross learns Rock Polish, too. The old version of Genesect was also a Bug-type, which Kabutops isn't.
Pokemon Black FC: 0475 7319 5671

User Info: TomDangerfield

TomDangerfield
7 years ago#3
PokeMin111 posted...
Knowing that Team Plasma focused on Kabutop's special attacks more than physical, this explains why Kabuto's attack of 115 is only boosted a little bit to 120 while his special attack is risen to this amount by mounting a cannon on its back.

Wut? O.o
Fc: 2709 0967 8461

User Info: _Hippowdon_

_Hippowdon_
7 years ago#4
you don't say
pay attention to me

User Info: PokeMin111

PokeMin111
7 years ago#5
Metleon posted...
Metagross learns Rock Polish, too. The old version of Genesect was also a Bug-type, which Kabutops isn't.

R...Read it, I totally mentioned that.

User Info: The_Skelli

The_Skelli
7 years ago#6
Hmnn... Nice work!
That really makes sense now!
Frankly, my Deerling, I don't give a Wormadam.

User Info: Hello10000

Hello10000
7 years ago#7
Interesting theory.
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash

User Info: akurixs

akurixs
7 years ago#8
I agree with just about everything but....

"Simple. Kabutop's defense comes form its rock-like exoskeleton, rock is a lot more durable than steel, for example, throw a rock at another rock, the rock will probably not break or show signs of damage. Throw the same rock at someones car, its more than likely to dent."

This is absolutely 100% incorrect. Well, the part about rocks denting cars is correct, but its a ridiculous statement. That's like saying that wood is stronger than metal because a toothpick can pierce tin foil.
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish

User Info: Cheese_Crackers

Cheese_Crackers
7 years ago#9
Look at his EYES...my poor Kabutops!
Though the fear of death is a common one, the fear of life is a more rational one.

User Info: anuticciwb

anuticciwb
7 years ago#10
akurixs posted...
I agree with just about everything but....

"Simple. Kabutop's defense comes form its rock-like exoskeleton, rock is a lot more durable than steel, for example, throw a rock at another rock, the rock will probably not break or show signs of damage. Throw the same rock at someones car, its more than likely to dent."

This is absolutely 100% incorrect. Well, the part about rocks denting cars is correct, but its a ridiculous statement. That's like saying that wood is stronger than metal because a toothpick can pierce tin foil.

This.

Luckily
rocks>bugs
black-3267 6694 0352 // Volunteer at F&A's PS, and ETC.
(J>.<)J Q(^o^Q) < http://tinyurl.com/anuticciwb -pokes (150+)]
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Genesect is an upgraded Kabutops!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers