• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Critical hits bypassing defensive boosts is f***ing STUPID!

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
8 years ago#1
So, I was on random wi-fi, facing a Politoed (Rain Dance team, a textbook one with Kingdra too -_-), I sleep his Politoed with Lilligant, then Quiver Dance, it wakes up and I sleep it again, then it wakes up when I'm at +5 in Special Attack, Special Defence, and Speed and kills me with Ice Beam which critical hits, it's just, AAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

The whole "Critical Hits bypass defence boosts" is really stupid, I should have survived that, EASILY, but no, like every other time I try to wall a foe to hell the RNG decides to take a dump on me and give the foe a critical hit, ugh -_-

I was so angry I even rage quit, something I rarely do.
Currently Playing: Ys Seven (PSP)

User Info: Runeboggle

Runeboggle
8 years ago#2
No, not really. It's like your opponent left a hole in their armor, and you exploit it. Doesn't matter how much armor they put on if they have that hole.
Si || Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smilre back.

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
8 years ago#3
M1Astray posted...
I was so angry I even rage quit, something I rarely do.

Point 1: The fact you did this makes it so hard to care
Point 2: That mechanism is to balance out against walling. One of the hardest thing about using defensive Pokemon is the eventual critical hit.
Point 3: Why did you even Dance so many times... 5 is overkill.

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
8 years ago#4
crits in general are stupid and only would work if they were just secondary effects like freeze

but yeah foreshame on the rage quite, everyone gets crited bro you man up and deal with the lose, its not like the opponent has any sense of satisfaction winning through hax anyway at least i never do
GT: Scorpion0489
Pokemon White Friend Code: 1334-9884-1695

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
8 years ago#5
What's even worse is that critical hits bypass attack and special attack drops too. Ever had your specially bulky heatran under SUNLIGHT critted twice in a row by a life orb latios who was at -6 from using draco meteor three times?

Logic in pokemon is stupid but I can somewhat see crits piercing defense buffs. Compare a defense buff to a soldier putting on a protective helmet. A critical hit would be a lucky blow that managed to pierce the helmet and hit his/her skull.

But yeah. it's still dumb as hell. Also why I quit using Cosmic Power sigilyph.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690

User Info: Miggi3Fr3sh

Miggi3Fr3sh
8 years ago#6
I disagree with the rage quoting but I've always thought it was kind of stupid to bypass the stat boosts when calculating Criticals
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
"You love me. Real or not real?"

User Info: serenade_beta

serenade_beta
8 years ago#7
GloryChaos posted...
What's even worse is that critical hits bypass attack and special attack drops too.

And that's what makes Sniper Kingdra so cool.

User Info: neb555

neb555
8 years ago#8
1: Rage quitting = for shame
2: When you censor a word, you can't leave the first letter still in, it should all be asterisks. As such, enjoy this topic's deletion.
see quote

User Info: Runeboggle

Runeboggle
8 years ago#9
neb555 posted...
2: When you censor a word, you can't leave the first letter still in, it should all be asterisks. As such, enjoy this topic's deletion.

2) Actually, the rule was changed. Now it's first letter and length, not first letter or length.
Si || Dyrim, the Speaker.

User Info: Gunswordz

Gunswordz
8 years ago#10
neb555 posted...

1: Indeed.
2: lol no
Wait a minute... how can someone who's Lv 35 not know this? Oh yeah, and cheese.
Go ahead. You can disagree with me. No pressure. Except for that gun against your head.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Critical hits bypassing defensive boosts is f***ing STUPID!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers