• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: 71ravn

71ravn
6 years ago#1
AI RANDOMNESS
1. You (the player) can't walk within inches of enemies without being detected, yet your AI guys are completely invisible. Hell, President Volodin can do this -- and he doesn't even have camo!

2. In "Deep Fire", I tried taking out the last 3 (or 4) at the bottom of the ramp outside the ship; in some cases. Marked them for my team, but after wondering what was taking forever for them to line up their shots, I look over to see two of them on the left side of the platform running in circles -- and into the wall. Had to unmark two and take out the guy that peels off to go solo, then re-mark the remaining two for Sync Shot.

3. Also in "Deep Fire", I'm not sure if the guards are using thermal goggles, MagView, or normal goggles. If the first, the Ghosts are kinda screwed because the enemy can see their body heat; if the second, "we surrender?"; if the latter, it doesn't explain how a guard saw me moving (while camouflaged) some distance away through his probably-fogged goggles with the snow blowing in his face. I get the thing about the camo's distance-versus-effectiveness, but really? As I said to Dakh1, the game can be ridiculously random.

4. When trying to use vehicles as giant grenades, marking vehicles for destruction by Sync Shot results in your team pouring only enough fire into it to make it smoke, not until it blows. Which also sucks because them not pouring enough fire into it will usually/sometimes trigger an alert; on the other hand, you doing the same guarantees it.

5. As I found out, enemies only really if it's still warm. That said, dropping an enemy is a bad idea if he is (A) in plain view of his buddies, or (B) not too far from someone -- which might be as close as two steps behind his buddy. And lastly, they'll raise the alarm if they round the corner...and step on a warm body. So it's mostly line-of-sight that they'll raise the alarm. That said, still doesn't explain how I managed a few times to scout an area to make sure my target's alone, drop him...and the guys that happen to be like three blocks away with no clear line-of-sight found a dead body. *headbang*

LOADOUT & STAGES
1. Diamond formation requires you to wield an uncustomized handgun, yet you can't use a customized one that you're packing. Or even a collapsed-stock PP2000, which is the only one I can see you not getting tired waving around.

2. Ran the entire campaign in segments with Dakh1. During the last half, we got disconnected a few times; when we reconnected and continued from the last checkpoint, the game reset my loadout to what might be the mission's suggested loadout. When we died and restarted at the last checkpoint, my loadout was again back to my custom. Noticed it when I tried to throw a sensor but threw what was either a smoke or frag instead, and my other one was either Incendiary or EMP.

3. When you get to the rooftop in "Invisible Bear", the SpecOps will take a while to show up if you go for cover behind the left and middle piles -- but if you head to the right, they will show up immediately.

4. While still co-op with Dakh1, we cleared the rooftop for Invisible Bear and made it to the street. Not sure if it's supposed to happen, but while all mission loadout screens require you to pick two grenade types, I could swear that I was simultaneously carrying at least three grenade types from the restaurant [=after the BTR] onward.

User Info: Dahk1

Dahk1
6 years ago#2
#1: I just find it hilarious that they can basically play grabass and they have no idea that they're there. I'm pretty sure there was over 5 times our teammates sprinted dead at a wall of soldiers with no camo, and the enemies thought nothing of it. "That's one big rat! Oh well!"

#2: I also witnessed some of this magnificent pathfinding, one time having to restart the mission because it was one of the required UAV ones, so I couldn't switch back and just shoot the guy. 30K was running in circles around his target. Hilarious, but obnoxious as heck.

#3: Some of the guards just have some ESP type stuff going on. Mindreaders from a KGB program maybe? They seem to love pulling a completely random 180 while you're half a map away and suddenly discovering you. The AI really does some to be random as far as detection goes. I'm afraid they'll all be that way on Elite

#4: Same thing seems to apply to occupied vehicles as well at points. Like the hind, where they shot it to half health and then just gave up.

#5: Part of the ESP I guess; I know we got detected more than a fair share of times due to their psychic abilities. My roommate walked in to see why I yelled BS on one of them haha.

#1...2?: The diamond formation scenes are definitely obnoxious with the weapons they give you at times. Never tend to use handguns, but I can see how that'd be even more annoying.

#2-2: I remember that, I had one of my guns switch once on a retry, but only one. My secondary somehow stayed the same. Weird stuff.

#3-2: Didn't really notice that, might have to do another run on the campaign sometime.

#4-2: Weird, but that sounds pretty useful. Didn't realize that had happened.
PSN ID// Electric-Sharpie

User Info: Dahk1

Dahk1
6 years ago#3
Unrelated, but we should do another playthrough sometime. I'm also getting into the multiplayer, already have a level 43 rifleman haha.
PSN ID// Electric-Sharpie

71ravn
6 years ago#4
As you may (or may not) have discovered, a vehicle/enemy marked for Sync Shot will eventually unmark itself when it exits effective range -- or leaves the stage completely, like the jeep in Subtle Arrow. (You might remember me tagging the driver before he drove off to the right.) However, there are targets that won't unmark themselves if you can't get a clean shot.

Based on the rear house sentry in "Shattered Mountain" and the sentry turret outside the ship in "Deep FIre", a target will be X-marked if no clean shot is available; in the latter's case, it's a line-of-sight issue once they close the door. So here's the problem -- if you enter the ship w/o unmarking the turret, your Shot mark is left outside the ship, leaving you with a Sync Shot maximum of 3 targets. This is cleared up by restarting at the last checkpoint.
Only theory I can come up with is it is dictated by your effective engagement range -- the weapon itself, and the range-affecting parts. When I noticed this. I was at the far rear of the cargo bay with a Scoped ACR, making it kinda explainable; however, assume (theoretically) that I had been running a Red Dot MP7 instead...

The drone has a similar problem. If you deploy it and don't recall it when moving ahead, it gets left behind. Cases would include the first two areas in Valiant Hammer, especially once you transition to the lumber yard. Restarting at the last checkpoint will make it available again, though the immediacy may vary.
[PSN] Raven-Ghosthawk
"COOKIE-PUSS, I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!" - Satoshi the Soul-Eater, "The Critic"

71ravn
6 years ago#5
Totally forgot about this one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988970-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/69114392

Also, the Master Sniper challenge on "Invisible Bear" is not bugged: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/988970-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/answers?qid=333132
An indicator box will only appear for online co-op to show who's ready-or-not and what everyone's primary weapon is.
[PSN] Raven-Ghosthawk
"COOKIE-PUSS, I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!" - Satoshi the Soul-Eater, "The Critic"
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A