• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. cheats for steam help please

User Info: crispyg29

crispyg29
8 years ago#11

when ever you could tell me the name of that file i would appreciate it

User Info: derekradmad

derekradmad
8 years ago#12
have you tried going into keybinding.ini to change the "OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_Grave" and changing the grave to ` ?

And if you have. have you changed the 0 to 1? in the same line?

So that it reads '"OpenConsole_1=Keyboard::Button_`" (minus the quotation marks of course)

User Info: CaineFH

CaineFH
8 years ago#13

dark sword 77 posted...
Steam doesn't let you do it the normal way.

You need to edit a XML file:

Edit the file …Dragon AgedataDAOriginsLauncher.xml (i.e., within your Program Files folder). This will allow you to run the game from its normal shortcut but requires you to edit a game file which should be done carefully and not before taking a backup of the file. Find the line
[condition name="FirstRunCheck" type="FileExist" file="${USERDATA_DIR}SystemInformation.xml"]

The line below should be something like this:
[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" /]

Add an attribute arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" to it make it read
[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" /]

Obviously, change the names for the DA2 versions, it should work the same though.
---
"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core

Im affraid it does not work. I've tried with DAO.

derekradmad
8 years ago#14
CaineFH posted...

dark sword 77 posted...

Steam doesn't let you do it the normal way.You need to edit a XML file:Edit the file …Dragon AgedataDAOriginsLauncher.xml (i.e., within your Program Files folder). This will allow you to run the game from its normal shortcut but requires you to edit a game file which should be done carefully and not before taking a backup of the file. Find the line[condition name="FirstRunCheck" type="FileExist" file="${USERDATA_DIR}SystemInformation.xml"]The line below should be something like this:[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" /]Add an attribute arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" to it make it read[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" /]Obviously, change the names for the DA2 versions, it should work the same though.---"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core

It should work, as I have DAO on steam, and all you have to do is make sure you change the .ini file openconsole line from 0 to 1, and then assign a button.

derekradmad
8 years ago#15
the .ini file of course being the keybinding.ini
for the original poster's info

User Info: CaineFH

CaineFH
8 years ago#16

derekradmad posted...
CaineFH posted...

dark sword 77 posted...

Steam doesn't let you do it the normal way.You need to edit a XML file:Edit the file …Dragon AgedataDAOriginsLauncher.xml (i.e., within your Program Files folder). This will allow you to run the game from its normal shortcut but requires you to edit a game file which should be done carefully and not before taking a backup of the file. Find the line[condition name="FirstRunCheck" type="FileExist" file="${USERDATA_DIR}SystemInformation.xml"]The line below should be something like this:[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" /]Add an attribute arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" to it make it read[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" /]Obviously, change the names for the DA2 versions, it should work the same though.---"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core

It should work, as I have DAO on steam, and all you have to do is make sure you change the .ini file openconsole line from 0 to 1, and then assign a button.

I missed the part with 1.Thx. It works, you guys are my heroes. :)

derekradmad
8 years ago#17
CaineFH posted...

I missed the part with 1.Thx. It works, you guys are my heroes. :)

no problem mate. it hasn't been covered in any section i've seen. i just know from basic cheating that 1's are good. and 0's are not.

User Info: crispyg29

crispyg29
8 years ago#18

finally got it i forgot to change it from a 0 to a 1 thanks everyone for the help i feel dumb now but atleast it works

derekradmad
8 years ago#19
crispyg29 posted...
finally got it i forgot to change it from a 0 to a 1 thanks everyone for the help i feel dumb now but atleast it works

no problems crispy. i was in the same boat as you for about 5 minutes yesterday. And then realized it was so simple it was easy to overlook.

User Info: WhiteTigerMoon9

WhiteTigerMoon9
8 years ago#20
I tried all of the above, and confirmed that each line I typed was accurate, and still can't get it to work.

So I created the shortcut, edited it to include "-enabledeveloperconsole"

Then I edited the keybinding file by changing the value from 0 to 1 and choosing the key.

Then I edited the xml file in the launcher to match the information above.

And still no luck. Driving me nuts! Anyone have any other suggestions?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. cheats for steam help please
  • Topic Archived