• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. cheats for steam help please

User Info: crispyg29

crispyg29
8 years ago#1

im trying to get the cheats for this game to work ive already beat the game once and i wanna go through with cheats now i did everything your suppose to do i changed the key binding to ` i went into the properties in steam and but -enabledeveloperconsole but still when i get in game and hit ` nothing happens does anyone have any suggestion

User Info: Fezta

Fezta
8 years ago#2
The console command line is invisible, try typing something in.

User Info: importflip

importflip
8 years ago#3
Enable your console with whatever keybind you chose. Nothing should appear. Try moving using WASD. If you aren't moving, the console is open.
|| AMD Phenom II 1090T BE @3.8GHz,Stable || Zalman CNPS10X Performa P/P || Asus Crosshair IV Formula || G.SKILL Ripjaws (2x2GB) || ATI Radeon 5770 X2||

crispyg29
8 years ago#4

i did that i still move

User Info: giocare

giocare
8 years ago#5
Try creating a shortcut from dragonage2.exe and adding the command line to that.

User Info: Swiftmend

Swiftmend
8 years ago#6
Steam doesn't let you do it the normal way.

You need to edit a XML file:

Edit the file …\Dragon Age\data\DAOriginsLauncher.xml (i.e., within your Program Files folder). This will allow you to run the game from its normal shortcut but requires you to edit a game file which should be done carefully and not before taking a backup of the file. Find the line
[condition name="FirstRunCheck" type="FileExist" file="${USERDATA_DIR}\SystemInformation.xml"]

The line below should be something like this:
[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}\DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" /]

Add an attribute arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" to it make it read
[true action="execute" file="${BINARIES_DIR}\DAOrigins.exe" path="${BINARIES_DIR}" autoquit="true" arguments="-enabledeveloperconsole" /]

Obviously, change the names for the DA2 versions, it should work the same though.
"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core

crispyg29
8 years ago#7

i must doing something wrong because still nothing but thanks everyone for all the help

User Info: Damien94

Damien94
8 years ago#8
You should be able to edit the .ini file just like you could with DA:O. Adding shortcut commands to Steam games doesn't work.

If I wasn't in another country, I would never use Steam.
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." --William G. McAdoo

crispyg29
8 years ago#9

which .ini file is it again

User Info: Damien94

Damien94
8 years ago#10
I'm not at home right now to check... but it should be the only one in your Users folder. You shouldn't need to go into the actually Steam appdata folder.
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." --William G. McAdoo
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. cheats for steam help please
  • Topic Archived