What should be fixed or what should be added?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NCAA Football 11
  3. What should be fixed or what should be added?

User Info: mrb105

mrb105
8 years ago#11

I could see adding D1-AA teams again but not D-2. But yeah, I had 09 and loved it, but rented 10 and didn't think enough was added for me to buy, and thought the gameplay realism was worse than 09. Anyways, I'm looking forward to buying 11 but really hope they don't do an entire overhaul like Madden because I don't think NCAA needs it, however I hope they make some nice upgrades to the gameplay.

User Info: lakade

lakade
8 years ago#12
I want EA to bring back the Player ID Card like they had on the PS2 version I think since 2005. Where it charted their tendencies, run vs pass, fav formation, % they go on 4th, etc

you can do away with the stupid skill, coaching, sportsmanship points and just bring back the old system, it was better. I had forgotten how much I missed that setup.

"To go out and ruin somebody's dreams like that, it feels real good," Oregon receiver Jaison Williams. UO 65, OSU 38.

User Info: bama12

bama12
8 years ago#13
I miss the features that were on 2004 too. 2008 was pretty good too.
Due to the total dominance by the Crimson Tide on January 6, the "12" in my name now has to refer to the number in which great Alabama QBs wore.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
8 years ago#14

I could see adding D1-AA teams again but not D-2. But yeah, I had 09 and loved it, but rented 10 and didn't think enough was added for me to buy, and thought the gameplay realism was worse than 09. Anyways, I'm looking forward to buying 11 but really hope they don't do an entire overhaul like Madden because I don't think NCAA needs it, however I hope they make some nice upgrades to the gameplay.

I was about to buy NCAA 10, but a Gamestop store clerk told me that it's basically the same as NCAA 09. I rented NCAA 10 and I had to agree with the guy, so I went back to Gamestop and picked up 09 and saved a few bucks in the process. 09 also doesn't have the horrible kick return problems that 10 has. So besides special teams being improved, I'd like to see create-a-playbook, much better presentation, and better play recognition from the A.I. in NCAA 11. It bugs me that I can run a playaction pass over and over and move down the field with ease most of the time.

This series has so much potential, c'mon EA let's go!
"When that happened I said that's it! That's the last straw! I'm getting the Lid Lifter!"

User Info: lakade

lakade
8 years ago#15
^^^

Well part of the problem with the play recognition AI to me has always been it seems like the cpu knows what you are running. For example if it's 3rd and long and you run draw or something the Defense wouldn't be looking for and you'll find if you run a 4wr draw most time the cpu comes out playing the run by formation.

The cpu needs to have some VIP by user where it charts your tendencies and play calls in all situations and determines it's play call using some of this information. 2k had this technology in basketball games for a long time.

And being able to run 1 play all the way down the field is not a problem in ncaa 10, it's been a problem since 2004. Honestly if you asked me what was better 2010 or 2009 I'd say 2010 is far superior in almost every way. The crazy returns got toned down in a patch as i recall. The Defense in 2009 was non existent.
"To go out and ruin somebody's dreams like that, it feels real good," Oregon receiver Jaison Williams. UO 65, OSU 38.

User Info: sbrown87

sbrown87
7 years ago#16
I would love to see more depth being added into the off season of dynasties. Like different style coaches, that you would bring into the program obviously, would benefit certain stats more. Plus there's a lot of position changing in college football. It would be cool if some players were really raw conversion projects but flourish later in their career with the right coaching and time. Say you pick up a physical specimen at DE that you convert to OLB for the 3-4. Maybe he's a really low 70 after the conversion but after a red shirt and another year or two but really booms skill wise and is in the 90s as a junior / senior. I'd just like to see more of an identity in teams too and I feel like that stuff would add to it. All the offenses and teams feels the same, the only thing that really adds a different feel to each offense is the quarterback.

User Info: Ronricofsu

Ronricofsu
7 years ago#17

I want Online Dynasty to be web based like Madden 10 is. So I can recruit from my computer !

User Info: UofODucks8

UofODucks8
7 years ago#18

Can we just make then run and move like actual human beings? Really, is that too much to ask? For years now, the players run like robots with a stick in their ass. Hell, ESPN 2k5 had more realist running then what i have been seeing :roll:

User Info: Rotang56

Rotang56
7 years ago#19
Back to the dumping of smaller sections of the game. You have to think that if the game was simply exhibition and Dynasty, they would lose a portion of their customers because people want more for their money. I agree 100% on working on the mechanics and perfecting the gameplay; However, dumping RTG would be getting rid of one of the most popular parts of the game. Literally every person I talked to about NCAA 10 had one thing in common: They loved RTG. It not only gives you a chance to sim your favorite position, but allows you to learn how to play the ones that you know less about.

User Info: casevaharn

casevaharn
7 years ago#20
Something small but if you are into trick plays they need to fix some things. EX: the half back pass isnt much of half back pass because the running back can not tuck the ball and run with it, you are forced to, basically, walk around and get crushed by a defensive player or throw it up because there is almost no way a player can get to the line of scrimmage to run the ball.
  1. Boards
  2. NCAA Football 11
  3. What should be fixed or what should be added?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived