• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. "Can I Has Cake?" Seriously? *Advanced Rant WARNING*

User Info: VaporFox

VaporFox
6 years ago#1
Dear game development industry:

Yes guys, we know Portal was an oh-so-clever little game with morbid humor and remotely clever puzzles in it; WE GET IT.

That said, can you guys PLEASE get off of Valve's jock already? The whole "the cake is a lie" crap has been used and abused so much that I'm pretty sure nearly everyone who hears someone trying to say those lines in a "funny" sense anymore just rolls their eyes at the person and prays they don't have offspring.

Christ, even games like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow snuck Portal references in them (there's a dead knight scroll you can find in which he makes yet another "cake is a lie" ref in it), and I rolled my eyes at it BACK THEN too. The first Portal came out like, what, 4 ... 5 years ago? Yeah, it's stale. Move on.

Yours Truly,
The Guy With More Creativity In His Toenail Clippings Than Anyone Working At Vigil

Blergh, sorry for the rant over something so petty/menial people, but I just got the Voidwalker again and when I saw the name for that achievement pop up, I snapped. It's bad enough Vigil is using the EXACT SAME PORTAL GUN/WEAPON from the first Darksiders...again...but the fact they think they're still being funny/clever/edgy using 5-year-old references to a game I quite frankly wasn't that impressed by in the first place, well, it proved to be a bit too much for me to stomach.

Vigil should consider changing their name to "Symbiotic Software" or something, considering they seem to leech off of other "host's" work so much. Oh, wait, a symbiotic relationship implies that the symbiote actually benefits the host in some way too. Scratch that. =P
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
Xbox Live Gamertag: Valorik

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
6 years ago#2
I think you need a nap.

VaporFox
6 years ago#3
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
I think you need a nap.

Haha, just woke up a little while ago, actually. =P

User Info: kidish

kidish
6 years ago#4
so you hate cake?

bigot.

VaporFox
6 years ago#5
kidish posted...
so you hate cake?

bigot.

Yeah. Cake leads to DIABEETUS. =|

User Info: kidish

kidish
6 years ago#6
VaporFox posted...
Yeah. Cake leads to DIABEETUS. =|

Nooooo!

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
6 years ago#7
I've heard people with diabeetus are good for eating, so... eat all the cake you want, guys. I'm hungry for long pig.
"Game of the Year is Algonquin for 'the good land.'"-- CaPwnd

VaporFox
6 years ago#8
vigorm0rtis posted...
I've heard people with diabeetus are good for eating, so... eat all the cake you want, guys. I'm hungry for long pig.

...You're German, aren't you? Admit it. =|

User Info: Demoskinos85

Demoskinos85
6 years ago#9
Video Games are serious business.
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!

VaporFox
6 years ago#10
Demoskinos85 posted...
Video Games are serious business.

So is UR FACE.

Yeah, I totally went there.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. "Can I Has Cake?" Seriously? *Advanced Rant WARNING*