• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Days of Thunder: Arcade
  3. This game is terrible

User Info: Zesty_MF

Zesty_MF
8 years ago#1
Mind you I have only played the demo but the ai is horrible and the controls are even worse. It feels like every turn is a demolition derby. Is th full game any better?
Here in America we're better than you, and we know it!

User Info: TaffmanG

TaffmanG
8 years ago#2
An absolute disaster all the way through!

Like you, I only played the demo but that was enough to persuade me NEVER to buy this game. Why oh why do companies think it is sensible to release a game as atrocious as this.

Oh well...their loss. I'm sure many thousands of people who tried this piece of **** have vowed never to buy it!

User Info: wwf20112

wwf20112
8 years ago#3
The car is a bit more controllable once you level your car up in the retail version. I thought it was crap until i went and bought it. It's an alright game and has a fun factor to it arcade wise. It will hold me over until NASCAR 2011 the game comes out.

Zesty_MF
8 years ago#4
Yea I cant wait for NASCAR the game 2011 to come out....I wanted to like this game so badly I was super excited downloading it and started racing and was just like w...t..f....

User Info: Worm209

Worm209
8 years ago#5

while its not the best game in the world, i think people are being a little harsh on this game.

the graphics arent that good but there are enough good points to overlook that.

i always use manual gears in racing games and when i first tried the demo for DaysOfThunderi was using manual gears and an external camera view &thought it was crap, butthen i switched to the bonnetcam and auto-gears and it was alotmore fun. (they have an unusualsetup for the gears that you cant change& i cant get used to them).

took me aseveral attempts toget 1st place in the demo race but when i did irealised i quite liked it.

Zesty_MF
8 years ago#6
After playing it more is isn't so bad...I have to admit its pretty sweet to be spinning out at 200mph kicking into focus mode and straighting it out while keeping my speed up.

User Info: Sniper247

Sniper247
8 years ago#7
LOL at the people on here who bought the game and trying to find excuses to like the game because they wasted their money on it...ITS CRAP

User Info: pulsecode

pulsecode
8 years ago#8
Agreed! I've not seen a game this bad in a long while. Truly pathetic!
XBGT: PulseAbsolute - PSN: PulseAbsolute

User Info: Regian

Regian
8 years ago#9
Yeah, I downloaded the trial for this just to see if it was any different from the NASCAR Edition for the PS3 (which I did buy)..

The game feels like they wanted to do an updated clone of Daytona USA, honestly. Don't get me wrong, Daytona USA was a fun game... well, when it came out a little over ten years ago. But if they were trying to replicate that with this game, they didn't do too particularly of a good job with it.

Also, the 360 version seems to have better graphics as compared to the PS3 version.

Some people will enjoy this game, others will downright hate it. I think it's okay for an arcade-styled racer, but it's not a game I'd recommend to people looking for an awesome stock car game.
Check out my podcast: Casual Gamer Weekly
http://casualgamerweekly.libsyn.com/ or subscribe on iTunes!

User Info: Worm209

Worm209
8 years ago#10

Sniper247 posted...
LOL at the people on here who bought the game and trying to find excuses to like the game because they wasted their money on it...ITS CRAP

Ingame stats say ive played DaysOfThunder for over 10 hours.

Ive already played this a lot more than many games i paid a lot more for... = not a waste of money to me!

1. Boards
  2. Days of Thunder: Arcade
  3. This game is terrible
  • Topic Archived