• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gravity Crash Portable
  3. Missing highscores table

User Info: czdjax

czdjax
10 years ago#1
I played it in Campaign and Planet mode, but I cannot see higscore (local of course) table. After each level you see best and current time, but there is no info about higs score for each level :-(.

User Info: SDSSociety

SDSSociety
10 years ago#2
Yes that is distressing...why the hell did they miss that? The high score on gold grabber seems to remain, will have to double check that though, to see if it stays even after power down..but yes that's a true bummer..

What is the point of shooting all of those targets if the high score isn't retained.. So it becomes pointless to shoot at anything beyond what's shooting back at you...and since the infinite continues are in place there is no point earning scores to get bonus lives to stock up on...and without the high score board there is no point at all..they must have overlooked something...
Violence is the last resort of a limited mind.

SDSSociety
10 years ago#3
Nope, the high scores even in gold grabber are not being saved either..what a shame..I posted this on the topic at psn blogs about Gravity Crash..the ceo Stewart has commented back before, maybe he will see this and respond? What a shame...really changes my desire to play this..

Glad Super Stardust Portable has the high scores...

SDSSociety
10 years ago#4
I sent a msg to the company, maybe they'll respond? If they do I'll post what hey said.

czdjax
10 years ago#5
I send message to developers too before few days, no response... I regret buying this game, waste of money, without highscore table there is no reason to play it :-(. I hope for update....

If you can, write developers about this:
http://www.jawltd.com/?page_id=289

User Info: GoldenHelmet

GoldenHelmet
10 years ago#6
Someone called my name? (Stewart from JAW here) ...

re: the score tables, Unknown at this time. It's not something that us or Sony even thought about tbh :-/

czdjax
10 years ago#7
But without highscore table, there is no reason to play survival mode or shoot enemies in the campaign etc., only time is remembered. All I need is complete each level as fast as possible. On PS3 are highscore tables....

There was any reason, why to no add it to the PSP version? Look for example on Super Stardust PSP, its a bit similar game, and has many highscore tables. Without highscores table, Gravity Crash is not challenging :-(. I look forward to this game for many months, but now I am very disappointed :-(.

SDSSociety
10 years ago#8
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

SDSSociety
10 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

SDSSociety
10 years ago#10
Sorry, had to revise this a few times..its so very important, want to make sure I put it the right way. :D

Hey Stewart, thanks for hearing us. Wow,that is wild that nobody thought about keeping up with the highest score, especially since the game is all about retro action..high scores were the objective with most retro games don't you agree?

The best times are tracked, why not the score? At least keep a high score in memory for each complete galaxy..that way if you do opt to continue and the score drops to zero you won't get as high a score at the end vs. the player that can make it all the way through the galaxy accumulating score til the end. Or keep track planet by planet which I would prefer anyway.

Even with Gold Grabber..the high score is retained on the upper right..but when you power down the score is lost..so what's the point? Its a VITAL component with games like this. The entire point, the entire replay issue is resolved with high score tracking...its a major blow to the game Vector TD as well..why keep track of scores, having targets worth points at all, if the highest score isn't tracked in game memory. The entire arcade industry would have suffered big time without the high score boards. Seriously. They have annual high score events at major arcades here in the states, Funspot for example. Getting the high score, having it recorded, its MAJOR.

And it seems it would be a simple thing for you to fix. Just set aside a little something to put the high score on the results screen at the end of the level, just like it tracks time. I don't want to go for best time, I like shooting everything and getting the highest score possible. That's another reason why I don't like the infinite continues option..having scoring and earning bonus lives give yet more incentive to play the game, to improve, to try to avoid being destroyed..without these elements the term "retro gaming" should be removed from the game's description. High scores and retro games go hand in hand.

Its like playing Space Invaders with no high score board..how would you ever know if you are improving? What goal would you have to keep shooting the aliens over and over without a score to beat?

Please Stewart, when you release the new levels add a little patch to keep up with high scores. I can promise you the replay value of this game, the drive to fight and shoot those extra targets, the essence of the game play will increase BIG TIME!! As it stands now my enthusiasm to play this game has gone down to practically zero..its that important to games like this Stewart, truly. No point shooting non aggressive targets which cripples the game play. Why show what a target is worth when destroyed if the scoring isn't preserved for reference during repeated game play..I'm so crushed by this...I can look past the infinite continues...but not the lack of high score tracking..

Thank you for your time. I appreciate the hard work that went into this game, just pointing out some things of great importance that was overlooked. Fixing that one simple problem would resolve the issue and the game would be great. As it stands now I have no desire to play anymore. Please update us on your thoughts and possible patchwork. PS3 has high score tables...psp needs some too, at least for the solo player to keep track of, online boards aren't even required..
  1. Boards
  2. Gravity Crash Portable
  3. Missing highscores table
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A