A list of minor changes, additions, etc.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero Collection
  3. A list of minor changes, additions, etc.

User Info: rockmanEX

rockmanEX
8 years ago#1
Thought this would be interesting, a topic to keep track of all the minor stuff changed/removed/added in Zero Collection.

- Ceil has one extra frame of running animation in all four games
- all references to death in the dialogue have been removed:
Harpuia says "finish me" instead of "kill me."
Elpizo says "time to meet your end" instead of "time to die."
- Resistence base alarm in Zero 2 is of much deeper pitch
- BGM in all four games is a lot cleaner thanks to DS hardware

Anything else you guys noticed?

User Info: AshenREAPER

AshenREAPER
8 years ago#2
At the beginning of Zero 2, when Zero falls unconscious and Harpuia shows up, he says, "To live or Perish" instead of the original line, "To live or die"...

It's like... Why? Is there a ban on dying in Mega Man games now. >____>
So... Do you finally wish to know the truth?...

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
8 years ago#3
-credits theme of Zero 4 uses lyrical version even in the English version
-In Easy Scenario, Alouette mentions in Z4 how Easy Scenario means rank won't be affected by Cyber-Elf levels.
-typo in Zero 2 was fixed with Ultimate Form. Originally the word "DEFEND" in the stats was typed as "DEFEMD" (none of the other styles had the typo in the original)
Friend Codes found in my LJ Profile: http://zairedwinters.livejournal.com/profile
Currently playing: Pokemon HeartGold and WarioWare D.I.Y.

User Info: SuperSaiyajin9K

SuperSaiyajin9K
8 years ago#4
its funny how they omit all references to death when in a megaman game like this, thats what youre going to be seeing half the time.
Overachievers unite!...yesterday.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Mega Man 10, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Galaxy 2

User Info: Rokador

Rokador
8 years ago#5

- Ceil has one extra frame of running animation in all four games

Huh,didn't know that. I was gonna post that Z4 credits had the lyrical version since I just beat it but that's already been posted. Don't know why they messed with the script referencing to death.

Although it falls under "cleaner BGM" the warning sirens during Transfers sound different as well.
Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dochax

User Info: rockmanEX

rockmanEX
8 years ago#6
Wow, I didn't even notice the dialogue alterations. That's...that's unfortunate.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
8 years ago#7
Perish still means die anyway. I guess they really are trying to make this game series family-friendly, which seems odd for a hardcore gamer game.
"In the battlefield, there is no place for hope... only cold despair and a sin called victory, built on the pain of the defeated." - Emiya Kiritsugu

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
8 years ago#8

This is just a guess on my part, but it's possible the changes in dialogue were made to maintain the E rating. Since all of the games (except Zero 4, I believe) predate the E10 rating, they were able to get away with more stuff and still get an E, but now it might have landed an E10 instead.

User Info: Burst_Stream

Burst_Stream
8 years ago#9
its funny how they omit all references to death when in a megaman game like this, thats what youre going to be seeing half the time.

LOL
Email: xstreamburstsushi@gmail.com PSN TekkenSushiEXE
MMSF3 FC 3524-4564-9022 7* Gemini] Hail before my Sitrep pro.... 1

User Info: MarthRingman

MarthRingman
8 years ago#10
I was about to say, I started Zero 2 and the word "die" seems to be removed but someone beat me to it. Funny that they bothered to change the dialogue but didn't bother to fix the typos.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero Collection
  3. A list of minor changes, additions, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived