• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
  3. Is it even possible to win Mission 17 (A shock everywhere you turn) solo?

User Info: _Unowninator_

_Unowninator_
8 years ago#1
I don't have anyone who can help me (and I really don't want to buy a 2nd copy; money issues). I keep running out of time because of the stupid blocked paths & the switches.

I'll even use AR codes if I have to. Is there a way to make this easier?
So now that the redesign has launched and everyone is obviously incredibly happy with it... ~SBAllen 10/6/10
_Unowninator_ = 3rdAlt_of_Unown

User Info: levelmaster2

levelmaster2
8 years ago#2
Mission 17, the deoxys mission? No.
2010 FC 0002 5206 4993 name Josh (Heart Gold FC: 2536 8455 8481)
"You said that was a brother completion, correct?"

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
8 years ago#3
No, I mean the one where you have to catch 4 Starly.
So now that the redesign has launched and everyone is obviously incredibly happy with it... ~SBAllen 10/6/10

User Info: levelmaster2

levelmaster2
8 years ago#4
Oh, one of the past missions, no wonder I was confused. Don't know yet, haven't made it that far.
2010 FC 0002 5206 4993 name Josh (Heart Gold FC: 2536 8455 8481)
"You said that was a brother completion, correct?"

-Unowninator-
8 years ago#5
Okay, I think I found a solution (although I haven't suceeded yet, but I did come close). I'll post it in case anyone else wants it:

1. Make sure you get pattern 3 when you enter. (If you see Baltoy in the 2nd room, then you definitely have pattern 3. If not, try again.

2. Capture the Starly in the 1st & 3rd rooms.

3. In the 4th room, look for an open space in the path from Bronzong, and run past it. If you suceed, you can avoid battling them. (This method doesn't work on Claydol, because they move too quickly to outrun, hence pattern 3).

4. Some Bronzong are unavoidable and must be battled. I'd recommend a good ground type (I use Donphan) and to circle them as quickly as possible. Let them hit you if you have to; you'll be able to heal later.

5. Avoid the 3rd Starly too. You'll be able to catch it later. (otherwise, you might run out of time).

6. Once you've managed to get access to the teleporter into a new room, head north and you'll see a Manetrike and 2 chests (both contain +60 time extenders). Fortunately, unlike most Poke'mon, Manetrike doesn't run after you, so it's easy to avoid battling it (although, it'll still shoot electricity at you).

7. Go back for that Starly that I told you about in step 5.

8. Catch the Starly in the other path, and you'll find 2 more chests with +60 second time extenders, and then go fight Magnezone.

User Info: GamFaks

GamFaks
8 years ago#6
You REALLY have to grind. It's possible, but you have to be about level 45 or more.

-Unowninator-
8 years ago#7
^ I actually beat it already (and I was definitely under Level 45 when I did) w/ the method I mentioned in the previous battle: by avoiding as many Bronzong (and other battles too) as possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
  3. Is it even possible to win Mission 17 (A shock everywhere you turn) solo?
  • Topic Archived