You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Okay, I think I found a solution (although I haven't suceeded yet, but I did come close). I'll post it in case anyone else wants it:
1. Make sure you get pattern 3 when you enter. (If you see Baltoy in the 2nd room, then you definitely have pattern 3. If not, try again.
2. Capture the Starly in the 1st & 3rd rooms.
3. In the 4th room, look for an open space in the path from Bronzong, and run past it. If you suceed, you can avoid battling them. (This method doesn't work on Claydol, because they move too quickly to outrun, hence pattern 3).
4. Some Bronzong are unavoidable and must be battled. I'd recommend a good ground type (I use Donphan) and to circle them as quickly as possible. Let them hit you if you have to; you'll be able to heal later.
5. Avoid the 3rd Starly too. You'll be able to catch it later. (otherwise, you might run out of time).
6. Once you've managed to get access to the teleporter into a new room, head north and you'll see a Manetrike and 2 chests (both contain +60 time extenders). Fortunately, unlike most Poke'mon, Manetrike doesn't run after you, so it's easy to avoid battling it (although, it'll still shoot electricity at you).
7. Go back for that Starly that I told you about in step 5.
8. Catch the Starly in the other path, and you'll find 2 more chests with +60 second time extenders, and then go fight Magnezone.
So now that the redesign has launched and everyone is obviously incredibly happy with it... ~SBAllen 10/6/10 _Unowninator_ = 3rdAlt_of_Unown