• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. just picked the game up, im having a hard time with it, any advice?

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
9 years ago#1
im not sure if i am getting everything i can out of it. i cant seem to destroy all the objects so i end up not being able to recruit the knights. the story looks interesting, i heard the game is supposed to be very good, though i dont understand the pause talk concept, i dont get the point. you dont have enough time to recruit characters, kill monsters, destroy objects, talk to characters, swap characters out at next phase to get new conversations, dodge bullets, etc.

considering taking it backto get the psp remake of final fantasy 1.
"This is why we have friends, so we can hit them!" - Dick, 3rd Rock

User Info: caveman7570

caveman7570
9 years ago#2
One of the things this game has is the ability to go back to older levels (it's under "leveling" in the menu between battles.)

I've given this game 3 or 4 chances, and this is the most dedicated I've been. Probably because I like using the analog stick better than the DS touch screen. To be honest, I'm definitely not getting everything out of it that I can (they may have made it harder for the PSP, or I'm just really rusty.) My advice is that there are units that are very obviously meant to be transouled or expelled.

Also, the DS message board has more info on it, and there are a few (apparently unfinished) faqs on the DS version's faq list.

Just stick with it, maybe read up on it on some site you find on Google. I'm sure somebody has better advice than I do.

One thing I must say though, the games made by Sting all feel like games made by Tri-Ace. They're complicated, sometimes too complicated. But in my opinion, Sting games have more to offer with gameplay and reward patience and success better, so stick with it champ
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/t-dubya/conguitos.jpg
All-new! Indie games board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/293-indie-gaming

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
9 years ago#3
well i restarted it a few times, n i still had issues getting the key items so i couldnt get the characters, seeing as how u r the only one that posted, 5 days l8r, it was already too late, ill pick it up again though in the future since it was only $8.

on a side note the ff1 anniversary edition on psp is fantastic! and i only heard about knights in the nightmare when it got released on psp. theres a game on ds i saw when lookin around, was $20 looked interesting, but i didnt have the money. i dont even remember the name, but it said u travel the world in 19th century earth n its about discovery, its an rpg.
"This is why we have friends, so we can hit them!" - Dick, 3rd Rock

User Info: Vincent_Vincent

Vincent_Vincent
9 years ago#4
Ask about it here :
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-playstation-portable
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. just picked the game up, im having a hard time with it, any advice?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A