• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. How to "open" a container

User Info: 14xbill

14xbill
9 years ago#1
Not sure if this has happened to you guys, but currently I'm in scene 5 trying to get bent coin on easy with Yggdra as my heroine. I've been having trouble getting bent coin from the barrel since it needs to be opened. I followed Phalanae's guide but whenever I use searing edge the barrel gets 100% damage. I tried normal attack but it doesn't do any damage. Skill attack seems to guarantee a 100% damage on barrel. Any suggestion?
EthanOL
I'm a horny engineer.

User Info: Broonga

Broonga
9 years ago#2
Are you playing in easy mode? Take note that in easy, objects have half durability compare to normal. If I'm not wrong, the barrel in B6 has 3300 hp in normal, so it will have 1650 hp in easy, perhaps that's why you break it in one skill. Try using your skill in a lower power charge% or use Lance Knight's Halberd instead. Hope that help...

14xbill
9 years ago#3
Yea, I'm playing it on easy. I guess that's why it breaks even when I did a low charge %. Guess not all aspects of easy mode is that easy afterall...

better read up on damage calculation and figure out some alternatives. Personally I'm not yet used to the "not all units can move" "range is fixed". Still getting familiar with the game mechanism. Sometimes I got screwed up by height differences and other factors. But generally I like this game, especially the large cast of recruitable characters. It kinda reminds me of Valkyrie Profile.
EthanOL
I'm a horny engineer.

14xbill
9 years ago#4
Interestingly, the HPs of obstacles in each scene seem to increase, but not in the leveling stages. In the leveling stages, weapons are sometimes too powerful to NOT cause fragile states. In this case, repetitive normal attacks seem to be the only solution.
EthanOL
I'm a horny engineer.

User Info: ecthel1412

ecthel1412
9 years ago#5
Obstacle's hp change depend on the mode that you're playing:
-Leveling mode: 25%
-Easy: 50%
-Normal: 100%
-Hard: 150%
-Nightmare: 200%
So if you're in some early stage, just rely on low damage skill or sometime even normal attack to open an obstacle. You can view each skill's damage when choosing a weapon, and combine it with a suitable L.i/C.I Knight for best result.
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. How to "open" a container
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A