• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
  3. Strange continuity issues (SPOILERS)...

User Info: Stormfeather

Stormfeather
10 years ago#11
Can anyone confirm about the letters, and if so, link to what they say?
Please insert witty quote here.

User Info: Stormfeather

Stormfeather
10 years ago#12
Can anyone confirm about the letters? And post a link to them if they exist?
Please insert witty quote here.

User Info: Spoiled Milk

Spoiled Milk
10 years ago#13
Here http://community.livejournal.com/zevran/81203.html

--

A letter from Zevran.
Greetings from Antiva! I would prefer to be where you are, my sweet. Antiva is so dull without you to brighten it. Even with the Crows trying to hunt me down, this place lacks the excitement of being at your side.

Ah, well. I expect the Guildmaster will agree to meet me soon. Or maybe I should kill him! What do you think?

I hear the darkspawn have still not gone away? They are like houseguests who overstay their welcome, no? I am saddened you have to deal with such business without me. I must deal with the Crows, but when I return to you, not even sharp razors will be able to separate us! Until then, you remain in my dreams. Especially the naughty ones.

Yours always, Zevran.

--

Dearest,

I hope you are well. Alas, I am unable to come to the keep as I promised. I am so sorry, but the Grand Cleric herself wishes to speak with me. I will tell you all about it once I have had my audience. Is it true the darkspawn have not retreated? No matter, I'm sure you have it under control. Wish I could be there, killing darkspawn beside you. Perhaps you could save some for me? (All right, that was a joke. Do not spare them. That would be silly.) You are always in my thoughts. Love, Leliana

P.S. Maybe you could consider growing some roses around your keep? That would make it so much prettier, don't you think?

User Info: themuss

themuss
10 years ago#14
This blows. Thanks for the link, man. Why were these taken out? They didn't have to be quests, they could have simply been items the character had on them. It would have made most of us feel better about the continuity, for sure. Its all up in the air, now. Bioware definately has the "everything I touch turns to gold" mentality, and has for a long time. They are burning some goodwill from my childhood, though. I just want a straight story with functioning continuity. I want the characters I adventured with in past games to remember me, and not be missing for no (given) reason. Also i dont want to be naked fighting darkspawn with my fists. Is that too much to ask?
I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.

User Info: RoseOfOrlais

RoseOfOrlais
10 years ago#15
Aww, I wished that BioWare had programmed in those letters in game :(

User Info: BobKaare_

BobKaare_
10 years ago#16
The whole you being naked thing has nothing to do with continuity issues, its pretty clearly been stated that no DLC items except RtO could be carried over to DA:A, so if you didn't care about that, and didn't bother to equip gear that could be carried over, I fail to see how this is Bioware fault - except for that they probably should have allowed all gear to carry over. But then, they explicitly said that it wouldn't.

And all of the unresolved issues with romances is just a gameplay issue, really. Did you honestly expect them to include a fully satisfying ending to every single outcome from Origins? Are you being dense on purpose, or did you just forget how massive that game was? They can't possibly cater to everyone, and its not like they had all the time in the world to make this game either.
Of course the endings to all of the romances are going to be a little vague - they want to continue the story later on, right? So they can't allow you to paint yourself into a corner, so to speak. There has to be a reasonable explanation for why your character appears where he appears the next time around, and if they allowed you to just plainly runaway forever with your loved one, what would they do then? Have you start a new character, and then come complain here that you couldn't use your old one?
Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you'd be a mile away - and have their shoes.

User Info: Delita_Hyral7

Delita_Hyral7
10 years ago#17

and it is not just the DLC items from all of the other DLC except return to ostagar, everyones complaining about their blood dragon armor gone missing, the only peice that was DLC was the plate, the helmet gloves and boots are all regular items so why do they dissappear?

User Info: dekou

dekou
10 years ago#18
Did you honestly expect them to include a fully satisfying ending to every single outcome from Origins? Are you being dense on purpose, or did you just forget how massive that game was? They can't possibly cater to everyone, and its not like they had all the time in the world to make this game either.

Even if there were, say, 20 possible endings as far as romances are concerned, writing 20 little letters shouldn't be a problem. It's the same with inserting a couple of Origins-related lines in the dialogue. It's not like your character need that good an excuse to go o a trip for a couple of months. In the beginning, you didn't even know the trip will be dangerous, so leaving your LI and dog behind seems reasonable enough.

User Info: Fraust

Fraust
10 years ago#19
I pretty much agree 100% with the TC on this one. I mean I am playing through wondering what they would say about Leliana not being with me and I get nothing till the epilogue? Would a letter or something in the codex or a bit of dialog with someone as to what the deal is with her been so bad? BLAH!!! I can live with them being lazy with glitches and stuff but too lazy to write in the rest of the story? That is just pathetic. It comes with making a game as in depth as Dragon Age, just can not half ass the expansion like that.

User Info: BobKaare_

BobKaare_
10 years ago#20
and it is not just the DLC items from all of the other DLC except return to ostagar, everyones complaining about their blood dragon armor gone missing, the only peice that was DLC was the plate, the helmet gloves and boots are all regular items so why do they dissappear?

No, all of the Blood Dragon armor set was DLC, none of it is accessible in-game before you download it.

Even if there were, say, 20 possible endings as far as romances are concerned, writing 20 little letters shouldn't be a problem. It's the same with inserting a couple of Origins-related lines in the dialogue. It's not like your character need that good an excuse to go o a trip for a couple of months. In the beginning, you didn't even know the trip will be dangerous, so leaving your LI and dog behind seems reasonable enough.

So after having your dog and your love interest with you after saving all of Ferelden and defeating an Archdemon, its reasonable to leave them behind for your new (and as far as you know, permanent) job as the Warden-Commander of Ferelden? I agree that it could have been nice with a little letter or a codex entry, but I can still see why they made it like they did, and even if its not exactly the way I want it, I still like the game.
Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you'd be a mile away - and have their shoes.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
  3. Strange continuity issues (SPOILERS)...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A