• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Shane_Falco_16

Shane_Falco_16
8 years ago#1
I can't get by the checking save data screen when I pop my disk in -__-
http://i38.tinypic.com/vhf1bm.jpg

User Info: pk1154

pk1154
8 years ago#2
I've had problems with this taking a long, long, LONG time (ten minutes or more) and occasionally never getting through this screen.

I've always been able to solve this by going through the games saves from the PS3 screen. Some few of the saves display oddly, with an associated text string under them that starts something like

<MadridSplit --continues with some more text/numbers I don't remember-- >

Deleting these saves fixes the problem. As best as I can remember, they were autosaves made during game play (but not end-game autosaves).

Shane_Falco_16
8 years ago#3
I had a bunch of saves with that text. The only one that didn't was a save from just before I fought the Archdemon. Now with just one save to check it's still taking forever

pk1154
8 years ago#4
Do a lot of game swapping? (I always have problems coming back to Dragon Age after someone else has been playing FFXIII.)

Have plenty of free space on your PS3?

Up to to date on all patches (PS3 and Dragon Age)?

So far I've never not been able to recover. Don't know what else I could suggest.

Shane_Falco_16
8 years ago#5
I guess I'm just screwed. I have plenty of free space, I deleted all but one DA file, up to date on the patches, etc.

User Info: VilleBaby

VilleBaby
8 years ago#6
I'm having the exact same problem. Did yours happen after you downloaded the Darkspawn Chronicle thing, too? I hadn't tried to play Awakening since I downloaded that, put it in yesterday and it won't get past that screen. My trophies are all gone, too.
www.authorj-dphillips.com www.myspace.com/authorjd
"The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death," - Oscar Wilde.

pk1154
8 years ago#7
Had this happen again after power interruptions while the PS3 was on. The PS3, of course, complained about the lack of proper shutdown and went through the normal routine of restarting. Then I tried to load Origins. And got stuck at 'checking save data.'

While it was stuck in the 'checking save data' screen I pushed the PS3 button to exit the program. Interestingly enough, after another substantial wait there was a *system reset* and after it finished that, I did a quick check of the Dragon Age saves. I was surprised to find myself way, way down the list at an old save but didn't find any odd text associated with any of the ones I scrolled though and exited after examining my most recent save (happy to see not much progress lost).

And the game then loaded just fine. (Wish it was that easy for everyone.)

I do remember after swapping games out once, it took a lot of time 'checking save data' for DA:O and when I resumed it was a save from a different character made weeks before.

Seems that something happens at times with the effect that the game *doesn't know which save is current* (that's my best explanation for what the problem could be).

User Info: VilleBaby

VilleBaby
8 years ago#8
Okay well I put it in after I posted here and tried to start the game while connected to the internet (I don't keep my PS3 connected all the time). It was able to find another patch and now my game works fine. I didn't check to see if my trophies were back but I'm not too concerned about those.

I don't believe I've ever loved another troublesome game as much as I do the Dragon Age series. Lol.
www.authorj-dphillips.com www.myspace.com/authorjd
"The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death," - Oscar Wilde.
  • Topic Archived