• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Decepticons
  3. I just picked this game up, and need some Review info.:

User Info: sneaky_t

sneaky_t
8 years ago#1
I have not been able to locate any review-related information pertaining to the DS version of this game. Within the past couple days, I purchased the new DS with the larger screen. I'm hesitant to break the game open, until I know for certain that this game is a "keeper".

I typically trust the words of gamers over professional reviewers anyhow. So, what would your review score for this game be, and why ? Thanks in advance to those who respond !
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

User Info: Emeraldas_Fan

Emeraldas_Fan
8 years ago#2
I guess I'd probably say "7 out of 10."

These games are not going to set the world on fire, but they're incredibly fun. Not only is the gameplay rather solid (with some strategy going into what Transformers you should pick for each mission), but collecting new Transformers becomes extremely addictive.

When I first started playing, I had trouble figuring out when to transform and how to control my character. About an hour or so into the game, however, I was transforming back and forth and mopping up the floor with Decepticons (or Autobots).

The graphics are rather nice with the character models looking especially good.

The dialogue isn't wince-inducing and the voice-acting sounds professional.

The sound effects are appropriately "cartoony." And while I wouldn't call the music catchy, it certainly fits nicely with the Cybertronian setting.

As for a challenge? Well, it's about ... average, I guess. (Although some of the Arena missions are a royal pain in the rear.)

Having said all of this, please understand I grew up in the 80s. So the Transformers (and other animated series such as G.I.Joe, Galaxy Rangers, DuckTales, Robotech, etc.) were a large part of my childhood. That "nostalgia factor" really made these games "must-buys."

Oh, and just fyi, I'd probably give the XBOX 360 version and "8 out of 10."

User Info: sneaky_t

sneaky_t
8 years ago#3
Thanks Emeraldas - That was a very descriptive, honest, and informative read. And, as I predicted, much more useful than your typical Reviewer's comments. However, I cannot break the seal based on one player's review (though I must admit, he made it sound quite tempting !).

I didn't think that this game was very old (with a June release date), so the lack of topics/activity on this board may indicate that people purchased it for other consoles.

I'll check back over the next few days (at which point, I'll have to make a definitive decision due to the store's return policy), and hopefully will see more info that will assist in making my decision.

Again, thanks to any & all who reply !
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Decepticons
  3. I just picked this game up, and need some Review info.:
  • Topic Archived