• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kigfan_Kuch

Kigfan_Kuch
8 years ago#1
Has anyone actually beat the last 4 missions of the arena and was able to unlock him yet? I'm have trouble in surviving Purification 3 and i would love to get any tips or ticks that anyone has used. Please any heads up on how to finish this off and any words of advice for the next three will be greatly appreciated ^.^

User Info: Heatman03

Heatman03
8 years ago#2
Lol, I'm stuck there too. Finished everything else on the game on Story and Bonus but I can't beat this one. I can only get to the second point then fail miserably. I figure I'll try leveling a few guys up to the max first then go in and try again, see if I can do better when my stats are up a bit more. >.>
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

User Info: robbyg35

robbyg35
8 years ago#3
i pre-ordered the game...got the code for the decepticon demolisher...input it in the "redeem codes" area of the playstation store...downloaded it...but from here...i'm lost. where does the unlockable character go? are you only able to use him in a certain level of the game?

User Info: prometheus3141

prometheus3141
8 years ago#4
*spoilers*

OOH! I have unlocked shockwave. I was stuck on Purification 3 too. but i finally beat it with a lv.20 starscream and a lv.18 ramjet. anyway, shockwave is a Heavy. I had such high hopes for it to be air.
"You are a very harsh master, Master. I like you."
HK-47, to Revan. Star Wars: KOTOR

User Info: prometheus3141

prometheus3141
8 years ago#5
Purification 4

It is just a training run. I recomend using a light bot and an air.

Purification 5

You have to capture the enemys energon conductors. First, hit all of the panels on the circular ramp in front of you. That will open the forcefield in your way. Be careful because there are a lot of grenade turrets. When your done with that, proceed to the next checkpoint. The rest is easy. You dont need much help. The directions are all you need. I recomend using 2 bots at least lv. 16 each.

Purification 6

Yay! Time to unlock Shockwave. Your all on your own for this. Use an air though. Shockwave roams around the map like barricade did in stadium 6. When he moves, he leaves bombs that are very very powerful. Use an air when chasing him. When he is just standing still you need all of the agility you can get. Preferably a light bot. Once you beat him, you have finished all of the arenas! Congrats.
(sorry this whole post isnt very good and descriptive. it was posted from my dsi browser)

hopes it helps =)
"You are a very harsh master, Master. I like you."
HK-47, to Revan. Star Wars: KOTOR

User Info: stufa1978

stufa1978
8 years ago#6
What a lot of players don't realise is you can really do more damage when in vehicle mode. Keep to vehicles as much as you can and switch when needs be. You shouldn't have too much of a problem.

And don't forget you can unlock Grimlock by selecting Autobots to play the level. Alas he doesn't turn into a T-Rex. He becomes a funny truck. But he's cool anyway.
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.

User Info: Heatman03

Heatman03
8 years ago#7
I think Purification 3 was easily the hardest for me, but I eventually got it done with Starscream since he seemed to deal a nice chunk of damage, and Soundwave cuz he's the only one man enough to carry a shield, so I'd block attacks while Starscream would reload while occasionally attacking. XD At the second point you have to fight at, I'd fly in the air with Starscream and attack the shielded guys so they couldn't hit me. Only issue I ever had is if the guys tumble off the edge, they become inactive when they hit the ground and you can't hurt them and have to start the mission again. That screwed me a few times. :| Lol, I love how Grimlock talks about Petro-rabbits. XD
Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.

User Info: pokemonsdoom13

pokemonsdoom13
8 years ago#8
heatman how do you get soundwave because i can not get past the dam level with the fliers to get shockwave

User Info: stufa1978

stufa1978
8 years ago#9
Like I say. Try firing at the baddies using vehicle modes. Switch between your team and keep firing. Plus with flying bots you can fly around, charge you health, transform then charge weapons and then attack like hell.

Trust me, you'll see the flyers drop when you use vehicles more.
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.

User Info: notmuchtodoguy

notmuchtodoguy
8 years ago#10
I got Shockwave using Brawl and Barricade, both at lvl 12, using a combination of hit-and-run tactics and multiple drive-bys. The way I did it, I took very little damage, it did take a while to down him though, but it was worth it in the end to collect the most overpowered Decepticon in the game.

Seriously, he has the BEST regeneration stat and his firepower causes more damage than any other character available with Firepower at 10 and the splash damage perk. Of course, Grimlock also has the same overpowered ranged weapon damage. Shockwave also takes less damage than Brawl even though his Endurance is 1... way overpowered making him fun to use.

I would say I'm rather disappointed that he is grounded rather than able to fly, but I suppose it's a sacrifice we have to make for his awesome offensive and defensive abilities. I'm just so glad that he uses the cannon on his arm as a weapon in this game (it acts as both his ranged weapon and melee weapon) making him much more accurate in the DS version than the PS3/360 games.
  • Topic Archived