• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Autobots
  3. Does this game have skirmish mode and bots?

User Info: AdmiralBison

AdmiralBison
10 years ago#1
I'm thinking about getting this only if if had both of those features I don't normally go online with handhelds and I may get bored with this game after completing the campaign.

User Info: Not_Shoryus_Alt

Not_Shoryus_Alt
10 years ago#2
There is no online, and there is no skirmish mode. All there is to do if you don't have a friend to play with locally is complete the campaign, arena, and bonus missions. There are 4 bonus missions and about 30 in arena, plus I think 8 in campaign. Some of the arena missions are pretty fun to play multiple times, especially the boss fights.
If you are unsure if you want the game, try renting it first. Gamefly has a 10 day free trial, and that's what I used to rent the game. Overall, I wouldn't consider the game worth the 30-40 bucks they ask for at retail. But maybe for 25 or less.
That's what she said.

User Info: CmdrXaan

CmdrXaan
10 years ago#3
If you have friends who also have the game its worth it, trust me the multiplayer is a riot!
If you want a different way, Try Jesus! If you want good music, Try Tobymac! www.tobymac.com
FCs in Quote

Not_Shoryus_Alt
10 years ago#4
I just got the game off ebay for 19.99, you should be able to get a copy for that much or less. It's actually a pretty good game if you are a big TF fan, especially if you like G1. The voice acting and character models are really well done for the most part.
That's what she said.

User Info: AdmiralBison

AdmiralBison
10 years ago#5
hmm..
I have no doubt I will like the campaign.

I have botht the Xbox360 and PS3 WFC versions, various other TF games(yes I am a HUGE G1 TF fan)
I was just hoping that once campaign is completed I'd have a portable TF skirmish game when on the go since I've been playing WFC on the Xbox360 & PS3 like mad for the past 2 months.

this is another thing. I do not have a DS yet!
but am still tossing up if I should get the DSi L now or wait until the 3DS arrives and then get both TF games cheap.

I'll be watching the 3DS space closely from now on....

Not_Shoryus_Alt
10 years ago#6
By the time 3ds comes out, they will probably have another TF game out, possibly one better than this.

I haven't played the console WFC games because I don't even have the systems, but from videos it looks like the gameplay is pretty different than this. This game is more like the movie games, minus the sandbox and exploration, but more combat depth added. Even though you are mostly fighting drones, I find it a lot funner than the combat in TF:Decpticons(the only other DS TF game I have)
That's what she said.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Autobots
  3. Does this game have skirmish mode and bots?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find these disks? Side Quest2 Answers
How can you unlock characters? General1 Answer
How do I unlock grimlock? General1 Answer
How do I beat onslaught? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
Can you free roam? General1 Answer