• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Autobots
  3. Anyone have a picture of what they made Hot Rod look like?

User Info: Derlavai

Derlavai
10 years ago#1
I hear he is in this game named Hot Shot I was wondering what he looks like though in this version.
If anyone says Hack N Slay again I swear I will go crazy....ITS HACK AND SLASH GET IT RIGHT.

User Info: notmuchtodoguy

notmuchtodoguy
10 years ago#2
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=13849&pic=Rodimus_WFC_concept_art_by_mmatere.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

you're welcome

User Info: stufa1978

stufa1978
10 years ago#3
You can find footage of him easy enough on youtube. He does look great. He's good fun to play as too. But still he's the most arrogent character in the game.

Combine that with the childhood shattering memory of how he cost Optimus his life and nicked the leadership at the end. I love to watch Rodimus suffer. Wicked design though.
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.

User Info: notmuchtodoguy

notmuchtodoguy
10 years ago#4
I personally choose not to use Hot Rod because he runs out of ammo so fast and it does very little damage, even his melee is rather weak. I always choose to use Jazz accompanied by either Ultra Magnus, Air Raid, or Grimlock based on the situation.

User Info: stivsama

stivsama
10 years ago#5
So in this game's timeline, he will become Shotimus Prime in the future?

---

User Info: Derlavai

Derlavai
10 years ago#6
Haha thank you for the picture. But yeah I hope they add him in the ps3 and 360 version and just call him Rodimus. They can at least use that name right? Hot shot reminds me of that ugly yellow transformer when they tried mixing 3d and anime together.
If anyone says Hack N Slay again I swear I will go crazy....ITS HACK AND SLASH GET IT RIGHT.

User Info: MikeKnoT

MikeKnoT
10 years ago#7
I didn't even thought that Hot Rod's name would be such a big issue. :D And "Hot Shot's" exclusive to the DS so i don't think there would be any "Shotimus Prime", unless there will be a sequel.But the name...... definitely impossible. :D And besides, this is OPTIMUS' story, so that's out of the topic.

User Info: Emeraldas_Fan

Emeraldas_Fan
10 years ago#8
As someone who actually saw Transformers: The Movie in the theater back in '86 with my little brother? (I was 14. He was 10.) Well, I can honestly say neither one of us was bothered by Optimus' death or the transition from Megatron to Galvatron. In fact, this stuff was crazy-cool "water cooler conversation" at school.

And most kids dug Hot Rod. I mean, he tried to help Optimus. Do you blame Bumblebee for becoming a hostage on numerous occasions? And since all the movie posters and media at the time focused on Ultra Magnus (no Internet, folks), we had NO idea Hot Rod would become Rodimus Prime. That was a very interesting twist at the end that took all of us by surprise.

None of the kids started missing Optimus Prime and dissing Rodimus Prime until the 3rd season of the cartoon when it soon became apparent that the stories focusing on Rodimus just weren't nearly as good as those focusing on Optimus. Plus, most of those newer toys just weren't as cool as the older ones.

My brother - whose two favorite Transformers are Optimus Prime and Hot Rod - chooses to believe the Transformers (G1) saga ends with Transformers: The Movie.

Today, a lot of people claim Hot Rod sucks ... or Hot Rod killed Optimus ... or Hot Rod stole the leadership from Ultra Magnus. But honestly? I think most of that is simply online word-of-mouth that mainly arrives in the form of newer fans and a vocal minority.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I like Hot Rod. And I think it's cool we have "Hot Shot" in this game.

User Info: Hushed83

Hushed83
10 years ago#9

If Hot Rod had of stayed away from Optimus and Megatron's fight, Like Kup had advised him to, Optimus would of lived through that battle.

Also if you watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-bJNpfS6pA&feature=related, Notice how the first three shots are pinkish, that came from Megatron's Weapon, but the last two shots are orange, the same kind of orange that Hot Rod's weapon fires http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SNgRxiyF0.

Just messin' around of course.

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
10 years ago#10
If Hot Rod had of stayed away from Optimus and Megatron's fight, Like Kup had advised him to, Optimus would of lived through that battle.

Probably not, the higher ups at Hasbro felt that it was time to clean house with the original line of Transformers since they weren't selling anymore so one way or another Prime was not making it out of that movie alive. Hasbro at the time was still treating Transformers like any other of their toy franchises, they had no idea the original cast of Autobots and Decepticons were so iconic or that Prime's death would receive such heavy backlash. Just be glad that Prime received an epic death unlike all of the other Autobots.

That said, I have always been a Hot Rod fan since the original movie so finally being able to play as him (the Japanese PS2 doesn't count) was a welcome treat. To be honest, the only reason I even picked up the DS version of WFC is so I could play as the exclusive characters that didn't make the cut for the console games. I just happened to luck out with both Grimlock and Hot Rod being among the best characters in the game.
It is a landmark on today's gaming culture. The first console that isn't present compatible.
dougthefresh on the PSPGO
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: War for Cybertron - Autobots
  3. Anyone have a picture of what they made Hot Rod look like?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find these disks? Side Quest2 Answers
How can you unlock characters? General1 Answer
How do I unlock grimlock? General1 Answer
How do I beat onslaught? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
Can you free roam? General1 Answer