• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  3. Controls = Epic Fail? (Potential Spoilers - Furnace)
DarkRaven22 11 years ago#1
So I've struggled through the game up to the Furnace stage, and somehow managed to get through things after dying enough times to make me more than grateful for CW Cheats and Infinite Lives / HP.

My biggest complaint about the game is the controls. After lighting all 3 boilers in the Furnace stage, you come to a room with a pot spewing sand moving up and down, and two buttons. I've gotten past the bottom half of the room, waited for the pot to get back up to the top half, slowed it and sped the sand to hit the button on the top. Jumped to the third pillar. Thing is, if I let go of the fast button and jump to the flowing sand, even from the top of the pillar, I can't get the 'fairy' (for lack of better word for Helem) to go to the wide flowing sand fast enough to slow it and catch it. Half the time she doesn't go anywhere and I die and have to redo it, the other half she's so slow. I wish there was a way to direct her better where I want her to go.. cause that's nuts. I've struggled with that before in other parts, but managed to get through it.. eventually perhaps I'll do the same here.. but still. Anyone else hating the controls in this game? Or have a suggestion how to get through this part? Or have a save file at least past the Furnace stage?
DarkRaven22 11 years ago#2
Of course, the moment I post this and go back to playing it, I manage to get through the level. Still, the controls leave a lot to be desired. >.<
deathgod_light 11 years ago#3
I beat the game with no problem. Can't say I can blame the controls for anything.
http://i.imgur.com/J7cur1h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hh5apRK.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  3. Controls = Epic Fail? (Potential Spoilers - Furnace)
  • Topic Archived