• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. Calendar Man and changing the date on console?

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
2 months ago#11
I think I always get hit somewhere or flip in the wrong direction away from the enemies or some dumb little mistake.

There is a science to it like always trying to break weapons and shields early that could stop a combo and always trying to take out armored guys first (again, punching them ends the combo). I also find it best to attack the guy you just jumped over...there's no way he'll hit you and the forward momentum of the punch will usually evade any punches that may be coming your way.

Of course it's all on you if you want to give it a shot but there's some tips.

and 1999 Mode is a joke as long as you take it slow, pop pop, run back while your health regens & repeat.

I found a little bit more challenge since I also went for the trophy to not buy any health or ammo so ammo could be tight which limited options at times. But it was definitely easier since I had experience and I focused on reloading my saves to get the right Gear. Possession worked wonders to get guys to kill others or themselves and save ammo and there's this "Winter Shield" gear that makes you invincible when you jump on or off an air-rail...this essentially broke any fight with rails in it...I'd save ammo by doing nothing but melee strikes off the rails over and over until everyone died since nothing could touch me. Didn't hurt that a number of the last few battles has rails in them, including the final battle.

I liked the first one better, but Infinite had the best DLC I've ever played out of all the DLC I've played in any other game

First one is definitely better but I skipped the Infinite DLC. $30 is just too much for DLC for a game this old when I paid maybe $17 for the main game itself...plus I read up on it and I just don't like changing the Rapture narrative to tie into Infinite. Would rather it be left alone.

Another thing that made 1999 Mode easy is that almost all encounters can be retreated from like the enemies are on a leash,

In many cases, I could stand right in the doorway and take advantage of AI barriers and watch guys stop their pursuit when they got too close. Also worked for a few of the Lady Comstock fights to keep her zombies at bay.

User Info: Josh2000

Josh2000
2 months ago#12
Hotel_Security posted...
I think I always get hit somewhere or flip in the wrong direction away from the enemies or some dumb little mistake.

There is a science to it like always trying to break weapons and shields early that could stop a combo and always trying to take out armored guys first (again, punching them ends the combo). I also find it best to attack the guy you just jumped over...there's no way he'll hit you and the forward momentum of the punch will usually evade any punches that may be coming your way.

Of course it's all on you if you want to give it a shot but there's some tips.

and 1999 Mode is a joke as long as you take it slow, pop pop, run back while your health regens & repeat.

I found a little bit more challenge since I also went for the trophy to not buy any health or ammo so ammo could be tight which limited options at times. But it was definitely easier since I had experience and I focused on reloading my saves to get the right Gear. Possession worked wonders to get guys to kill others or themselves and save ammo and there's this "Winter Shield" gear that makes you invincible when you jump on or off an air-rail...this essentially broke any fight with rails in it...I'd save ammo by doing nothing but melee strikes off the rails over and over until everyone died since nothing could touch me. Didn't hurt that a number of the last few battles has rails in them, including the final battle.

I liked the first one better, but Infinite had the best DLC I've ever played out of all the DLC I've played in any other game

First one is definitely better but I skipped the Infinite DLC. $30 is just too much for DLC for a game this old when I paid maybe $17 for the main game itself...plus I read up on it and I just don't like changing the Rapture narrative to tie into Infinite. Would rather it be left alone.

Another thing that made 1999 Mode easy is that almost all encounters can be retreated from like the enemies are on a leash,

In many cases, I could stand right in the doorway and take advantage of AI barriers and watch guys stop their pursuit when they got too close. Also worked for a few of the Lady Comstock fights to keep her zombies at bay.

Right on. I might give it another go later on down the road but at the moment I'm all Batman'd out. You play Infinite on PS3 then? I didn't know the DLC was still that high in price. If you ever play the PS4/X1 set all 3 of the games include the DLC so if you ever plan to get the current gen then it would probably be cheaper to buy the collection then it would be to get the DLC on last gen. I'm currently playing/finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider, just got the Platinum for that the other day and all the trophies I'm able to get without PS+, don't know yet what's next. The next great game to hit a flash sale I suppose lol. Really wishing I had Plus for Darksiders 3 this month.
PSN ID: stretchh3o
My Gaming Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhX3txWWcshT4y3RruHkGA

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#13
You play Infinite on PS3 then? I didn't know the DLC was still that high in price.

Yeah, I played the PS3 version. I saw the new collection but didn't have a reason to get it.

I'm currently playing/finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider, just got the Platinum for that the other day and all the trophies I'm able to get without PS+, don't know yet what's next.

I've played the first one but didn't get to Rise yet, though I own it. Does it have annoying MP trophies like the first game? I did those with some grinding but I wouldn't really mind if my lack of PS+ makes me able to skip that.

The next great game to hit a flash sale I suppose lol.

I'm on Salt and Sanctuary now. Basically a 2D Dark Souls. Having a good time with it and it's pretty good for a team of two people.

Really wishing I had Plus for Darksiders 3 this month.

Why? It's already down to like $15 in stores. Can't get much cheaper. I'm holding out for the inevitable "Complete edition" that will have all the DLC packed in. No reason not to get that.

Josh2000
1 month ago#14
There is no multiplayer in Rise like the first one had. There is 1 co-op DLC you won't be able to play/get trophies for but you can earn the Platinum and MOST DLC trophies without Plus.

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#15
There is 1 co-op DLC you won't be able to play/get trophies for but you can earn the Platinum and MOST DLC trophies without Plus.

Strange that only the DLC would need PS+. I did get the collector's edition with the DLC packed in but I may not bother. I have purchased the PS+ on a one-month basis when I did some co-op in Bloodborne so we'll have to see if it's worth it...but I doubt it.

Josh2000
1 month ago#16
Hotel_Security posted...
There is 1 co-op DLC you won't be able to play/get trophies for but you can earn the Platinum and MOST DLC trophies without Plus.

Strange that only the DLC would need PS+. I did get the collector's edition with the DLC packed in but I may not bother. I have purchased the PS+ on a one-month basis when I did some co-op in Bloodborne so we'll have to see if it's worth it...but I doubt it.

Only 1 DLC in Rise of the Tomb Raider is co-op and that is "Co-Op Endurance" mode. Everything else (the rest of the DLC and main game) you can get trophies for. You can 90% the trophy list (with DLC) and 100% the main game without PS+. There is a card system for Score Attack that I think is tied to being connected to the internet, however Plus is NOT required and you shouldn't buy them with real money as you earn enough credits through gameplay to get a good collection and you can also use decks other people used on the leaderboards without owning those cards.

I was typing that last response on my phone which needs to be factory reset or something because the keyboard app or whatever likes to disappear while typing causing me to hit an add and lose everything I had typed. So I kept that last response short.

Speaking of Bloodborne that was my first Souls game. I had played it in the final days I had PS+ (It was free so I gave it shot) and co-op'd quite a bit of it. When I got Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin) and Dark Souls 3 I didn't have Plus and had to Platinum both of those solo. **** The Nameless King. I used a cross bow on him, no regrets. Never did all 7 NG+'s, I think I only played until NG+ 4 or 5. But I have a character on Scholar at the end of the NG (1) cycle with completely maxed stats except for the one that gives me a bonus for Flynn's Ring keeping it under 12. I still have yet to play Dark Souls 1/Remaster.

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#17
Only 1 DLC in Rise of the Tomb Raider is co-op and that is "Co-Op Endurance" mode. Everything else (the rest of the DLC and main game) you can get trophies for. You can 90% the trophy list (with DLC) and 100% the main game without PS+.

Still kinda lame to require PS+ for a DLC trophy but not for the main game.

So I kept that last response short.

No problem. You explained it nicely. Have a feeling I'll just skip the co-op trophies, especially since they're not even needed for the plat.

Speaking of Bloodborne that was my first Souls game. I had played it in the final days I had PS+ (It was free so I gave it shot) and co-op'd quite a bit of it.

I used my free PS+ trial in that one. Partly to collect Vermin by being summoned by other folks against bosses and partly so I could take advantage of the Chalice codes so I could farm pre-made dungeons for rare Gems.

When I got Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin) and Dark Souls 3 I didn't have Plus and had to Platinum both of those solo. **** The Nameless King. I used a cross bow on him, no regrets

I played the heck of Dark Souls 2 but did so on PS3 where I didn't need PS+. Only did a little co-op in that one to fight people for Dragon Scales or doing co-op for Sunlight Medals. I also got every item in the game and did a no-bonfire and no-death run for the rings you get as prizes. Loved the DLC in that game as well though Lud and Zallen were easily the most difficult boss in the series for me. Haven't played Dark Souls 3 yet but I have it waiting.

I still have yet to play Dark Souls 1/Remaster.

It's sweet. You'd be surprised how much more effective magic is in the game as well. They really nerfed it in later games to prevent OP magic spam like what I ended up doing. Demon's Souls isn't bad too but it's pretty basic compared to the later games.

Josh2000
1 month ago#18
Hotel_Security posted...
Only 1 DLC in Rise of the Tomb Raider is co-op and that is "Co-Op Endurance" mode. Everything else (the rest of the DLC and main game) you can get trophies for. You can 90% the trophy list (with DLC) and 100% the main game without PS+.

Still kinda lame to require PS+ for a DLC trophy but not for the main game.

So I kept that last response short.

No problem. You explained it nicely. Have a feeling I'll just skip the co-op trophies, especially since they're not even needed for the plat.

Speaking of Bloodborne that was my first Souls game. I had played it in the final days I had PS+ (It was free so I gave it shot) and co-op'd quite a bit of it.

I used my free PS+ trial in that one. Partly to collect Vermin by being summoned by other folks against bosses and partly so I could take advantage of the Chalice codes so I could farm pre-made dungeons for rare Gems.

When I got Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin) and Dark Souls 3 I didn't have Plus and had to Platinum both of those solo. **** The Nameless King. I used a cross bow on him, no regrets

I played the heck of Dark Souls 2 but did so on PS3 where I didn't need PS+. Only did a little co-op in that one to fight people for Dragon Scales or doing co-op for Sunlight Medals. I also got every item in the game and did a no-bonfire and no-death run for the rings you get as prizes. Loved the DLC in that game as well though Lud and Zallen were easily the most difficult boss in the series for me. Haven't played Dark Souls 3 yet but I have it waiting.

I still have yet to play Dark Souls 1/Remaster.

It's sweet. You'd be surprised how much more effective magic is in the game as well. They really nerfed it in later games to prevent OP magic spam like what I ended up doing. Demon's Souls isn't bad too but it's pretty basic compared to the later games.

Gonna be short again, but I forgot to mention that even missing 10% of the trophies in Rise is 110 trophies counting the plat. Which is the most trophies I've yet seen in a single game. Even fallout 4 with all it's DLC was only 80 something trophies.

I also just got Mortal Kombat XL for $5.99 on PSN sale and like I said before I don't play these games... Well I played the 1-3 on SNES as a kid but never played them outside of button mashing on friends. 37 Platinum trophies, had fun playing Dark Souls, and the damn tutorial for this is almost the hardest thing I've done in a game in years lol. Never gotten stuck on a tutorial until MKXL. Well back to it I suppose (square, square, right left square.)

Hotel_Security
4 weeks ago#19
Gonna be short again, but I forgot to mention that even missing 10% of the trophies in Rise is 110 trophies counting the plat.

You mean 110 just for the main game or does this include DLC? I see 125 listed for it total.

I believe Arkham Knight also had a lot with the DLC. (Looks up) It was 110. Though I never bothered with the DLC in that one...never seemed worth it.

Well I played the 1-3 on SNES as a kid but never played them outside of button mashing on friends.

I was the same. I borrowed the first three games and played them enough to beat them as most of the characters but that was it. I remember using the Motaro code to unlock him in MK3 and had him wreck fights, then would switch to the character I want to beat it as for the last fight. Saved some time. I'm not a big fighting game guy so I didn't try any after that.

37 Platinum trophies

I'm at 96 plats now but have a number of 100% on games without Plats. https://psnprofiles.com/Hotel_Security - Beat Shadow of Mordor and Salt & Sanctuary and took a relaxing run through Lego Force Awakens. Onto a 3DS game called Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 now...basically Mega Man on steroids.

had fun playing Dark Souls, and the damn tutorial for this is almost the hardest thing I've done in a game in years lol.

For Mortal Kombat? Dang. Be glad it wasn't something like the Cuphead tutorial. This one streamer had epic struggles over jumping off a box in it. I enjoy this video comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Josh2000
4 weeks ago#20
Hotel_Security posted...
Gonna be short again, but I forgot to mention that even missing 10% of the trophies in Rise is 110 trophies counting the plat.

You mean 110 just for the main game or does this include DLC? I see 125 listed for it total.

I believe Arkham Knight also had a lot with the DLC. (Looks up) It was 110. Though I never bothered with the DLC in that one...never seemed worth it.

Well I played the 1-3 on SNES as a kid but never played them outside of button mashing on friends.

I was the same. I borrowed the first three games and played them enough to beat them as most of the characters but that was it. I remember using the Motaro code to unlock him in MK3 and had him wreck fights, then would switch to the character I want to beat it as for the last fight. Saved some time. I'm not a big fighting game guy so I didn't try any after that.

37 Platinum trophies

I'm at 96 plats now but have a number of 100% on games without Plats. https://psnprofiles.com/Hotel_Security - Beat Shadow of Mordor and Salt & Sanctuary and took a relaxing run through Lego Force Awakens. Onto a 3DS game called Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 now...basically Mega Man on steroids.

had fun playing Dark Souls, and the damn tutorial for this is almost the hardest thing I've done in a game in years lol.

For Mortal Kombat? Dang. Be glad it wasn't something like the Cuphead tutorial. This one streamer had epic struggles over jumping off a box in it. I enjoy this video comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE

I have 110 trophies in Rise of the Tomb raider not counting the (PS+ Required) Co-Op mode.

Nice job on the Plats. I never went on any of those trophy sites. You'd have to look me up on PSN (in signature) but if you add me send me a message on here because I have messaging from non friends turned off and I don't normally accept random requests.

Never have been a big fighting game guy either but I got hooked on MKXL. I've seen that Cup Head video that's what I felt like loading up the MK tutorial for the first time lol. Turns out I'm not alone on that either, a lot of people (if you search) were complaining about the combo system and the tutorial.

After 2 weeks with the game I can comfortably woop the AI on medium, do some combos, special moves, fatalities, brutalities and I still can't beat the tutorial without skipping a few things. The combo system is like dial a combo but faster, you have to be lightning fast and have combos entered before the animation starts. I found finger shortcuts such as laying my thumb across 3 or 4 buttons and slide or roll pressure from one button to the next, rather than tap, lift, tap. Idk it takes getting used to but is a lot of fun.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. Calendar Man and changing the date on console?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers