You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. What do you want to see in the next game?

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 year ago#1
I want there to be a gun that makes whatever is shot explode into 10 pieces. A bat sword and a bat wand would also be cool. I also want a bat boat and a bat plane on top of the bat mobile returning. Finally, I want 25 new bosses and for Mad Hatter to be the main villain. What about you?
(edited 1 year ago)

slaterastle
1 year ago#2
Ok for real tho:

Yeah the spin to win move basically takes all the downsides away from the 2 handed weapons. Did you ever try the ancient armor plus food attack bonus on the Ancient Battle Axe ++?

Yeah Urbosas's Fury wrecks and I also really liked Thunder Blight.

I definitely do wish there were more rewards overall in this game. It would make it feel like there's more content.

Aw man I didnt know that. I always just reloaded the save after one try, that would have been good to know, oh well.

Yeah I defknity didnt like that inconsistency. It made the freebie copy paste shrines just seem lazy imo. Dude, imagine if there were only 72 shrines and there were 9 more dungeons; that would be insane.

I guess that's true because if you just heal forever you'll have to survive for a really long time. She did have some good damaging moves tho so idk. I mean she's not as strong as Shulk but she got me all the way to the first disciple.

Wow that is a lot of ancient arrows. Sounds like a goos time murdering all those strong bad guys in one hit. That's also cool you got to deflect a bunch of lasers from your 444 hours of practice. Congrats on the 100 percent. I wish the rewards for completing the compendulum and getting all 900 seeds were better. They could have given you like a blessing that makes it so you dont lose stamina when you glide for getting all 900 korok seeds and for completing the pendulum they could have given you a blessing so you can climb through rain. And I wish Dark Beast Ganon was like actually really hard but oh well.

Yeah that's basically what happened in this hurt and heal. Everyone banded together against me healing Bably Luigi and Bowser Jr won. If you dont include the option of hurting 2 separate characters it can go on forever. I made a game on the Smash 4 board where you can only Hurt to solve that issue and it's been fun imo. It's about 75 percent over and about half the characters are still alive. I think Villager's gonna win but anyone can die at any time. I might make one with all 151 original pokemon after that but idk.

The Yiga never really annoyed me. I mean if I wanted to run I did and if I wanted to killem in 2 seconds I did that. I mean I did get tired of the game at about 120 hours so maybe if I had another 300 hours of fighting them Id be more tired of them but yeah. Urbosas Fury is worth dealing with them if you ask me. What's the name of the unique melee weapon?

I would have preferred if I just unlocked that at the same time as unlocking Luigi but that's just me. I wanted to replay the game anyway so it's fine but that level was a let down.

Well you'll have to let me know how it is. Ive heard it's really different so idk if it'll go further in the direction 13-2 did but maybe.

I would do that but it would suck having to rebeat the game everytime you fail those tricky spots too many times. Or just imagine if you died too much right at the end, dang that would be frustrating. And I've been wanting to play Inside, hopefully the summer sale on Steam will be dope.

How does flying work as Specter Knight? It sounds really cool that they were able to keep the platforming fresh even tho he can fly. And that's cool about his abilities being useful, kinda reminds me if Zero in the Megaman X games cus he's got different abilities and such. But that's really cool how they changed the attack pattern of all the old bosses so it's almost like a whole different game. It's good to see Yacht Club putting that much love into one game.

In FF15 I'm doing the monster arena. I have to get 3.6 million medals to make it so I never have to get gas again. This may sound lame, but I'll also be able to auto grind to level 100 so it'll be worth it. I have about 2.3 million right now. Ive been listening to dubstep at the same time so I dont get annoyed by the music. If it werent for save scumming Id never do it.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#3
I want there to be a gun that makes whatever is shot explode into 10 pieces.

Then you can juggle the pieces as Batman puts on a show for the players.

Finally, I want 25 new bosses and for Mad Hatter to be the main villain.

I want Man Bat as the top villain. Just him screeching at his underlings to give them orders as they wander off confused and just go rob a bank because they figure they should do SOMETHING illegal.

Did you ever try the ancient armor plus food attack bonus on the Ancient Battle Axe ++?

I did on the Lynels in Hyrule Castle. It just wrecked them. Was able to take off half their HP with just a spinning combo. Tried it on the Level 4 Guardian Scout and wrecked them too. Almost too unfair when you combine the spin2win and Urbosa's Rage.

I definitely do wish there were more rewards overall in this game. It would make it feel like there's more content.

Yeah, it's a bit of a drawback. I didn't mind going after chests and I usually didn't care what was in them but, yeah, having more bonus items and such to collect would have been nice.

Yeah I defknity didnt like that inconsistency. It made the freebie copy paste shrines just seem lazy imo

I didn't mind them since you usually had to do some sort of task or puzzle to get the freebie shrines so I think that acted as the "puzzle." Given how many DID have puzzles (still far more than previous games), I don't mind a few lazy ones.

Wow that is a lot of ancient arrows. Sounds like a goos time murdering all those strong bad guys in one hit.

Yeah, I had tons of cash and just used up all my ancient shafts to make as many as I could. I thought I would need more if a blood moon reset the enemies in Hyrule Castle but another neat thing is that, when I was in Hyrule Castle, the game would skip blood moons. You'd see one rise up and then the sky would get all red like usual, then nothing would happen and you wouldn't get a cutscene. It was pretty nice since I would have been annoyed to have to shoot down all those turrets again.

Though, after I beat it once, I tried camping in Hyrule Castle to hopefully "skip" the blood moon so I could go exploring and it didn't work and it the blood moon took effect while I was camping. So maybe it only skips it when you don't camp.

Congrats on the 100 percent. I wish the rewards for completing the compendulum and getting all 900 seeds were better.

I don't really mind...I wouldn't have done it if I was worried about the prize. It's just about completing it for me. By that point in the game, I was done with everything anyway so any prizes I got wouldn't have been used anyway.

And I wish Dark Beast Ganon was like actually really hard but oh well.

Once I saw you were on horseback, I knew it'd be a pretty gimmicky fight. They can't really give you any real challenge in battle while on horseback.

Ironically, I got the horse killed the first time I fought it. I ran into Ganon's foot and was knocked off the horse and then the horse stood there next to the foot and just kept taking contact damage and the game wouldn't let me jump back on since the damage would just knock me off again. So eventually the horse died. Luckily I was close to the end and only had to shoot him in his belly to unlock the last phase with the eyeball.

The Yiga never really annoyed me. I mean if I wanted to run I did and if I wanted to killem in 2 seconds I did that.

For me, the normal ones were easy since I could just stasis them and kill them. The bigger ones would take multiple stasis attacks so they just took longer. I would have been annoyed had I had to deal with them the whole game.

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#4
What's the name of the unique melee weapon?

It's the Demon Carver...a circular blade similar to their scythe but bigger. http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Carver - The biggest problem is, when I searched on it, I got sites like this that are incorrect on how to get it. This one says it's used by both types of Yiga enemies (wrong) and the IGN site says it's dropped by the Yiga who randomly attack you (also wrong). It wasn't until I read a few threads on it that I got the right info on it being exclusive to the NPCs and then I was able to do a search to find a map with the locations of the ambushes and found one of them that way.

Well you'll have to let me know how it is. Ive heard it's really different so idk if it'll go further in the direction 13-2 did but maybe.

Yeah, I read it's more "action-based" where it's you just controlling Lightning and managing her dodges and swings and stuff like that. We'll see how it goes.

I would do that but it would suck having to rebeat the game everytime you fail those tricky spots too many times.

It really only took me a couple tries and the playthrough is pretty quick and can maybe be done in an hour or less so it's not like it took up time.

How does flying work as Specter Knight?

It doesn't. He walks everywhere. It's a prequel so you're playing as Specter Knight before he gained his flying powers when he's just a skeletal knight. They give you basically his full backstory which I don't want to give away that explains why there's a difference. He does have an "air dash" move which he can use to get anywhere but he needs an object to "slash through" to get it to work, including enemies. He also has a small mechanic to climb up walls but he can only climb a short way (with the option to wall jump as well).

And that's cool about his abilities being useful, kinda reminds me if Zero in the Megaman X games cus he's got different abilities and such.

It totally changes almost all of the bosses. Treasure Knight was probably one of the easiest bosses in the Shovel and Plague games and he's one of the hardest in this one. By contrast, Propeller Knight's one of the toughest for Plague Knight but he's a joke in this one. I just beat it last night and the Enchantress fight is kind of similar but the terrain starts as a normal room...and as the fight goes on she moves the floor around and slowly "builds" the arena that you fight her in during Shovel Knight...it's a really cool effect that I didn't notice was happening until it was almost done. Regardless, the ending wrapped up everything nicely and leads right into Shovel Knight's campaign.

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#5
Also, another new feature you can add is a gender swap option for the main Shovel Knight game. So you can make Shovel Knight a female and Shield Knight a male...this also turns the Enchantress into the "Enchanter" (http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/File:Enchanter_Card.png) and they all have different designs. King Knight is randomly changed to Queen Knight as well (http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/King_Knight?file=Queen_Knight_Card.png) but I don't think any of the other knights have changes. I assume the battles themselves are the same.

In FF15 I'm doing the monster arena. I have to get 3.6 million medals to make it so I never have to get gas again. This may sound lame, but I'll also be able to auto grind to level 100 so it'll be worth it. I have about 2.3 million right now. Ive been listening to dubstep at the same time so I dont get annoyed by the music.

Whenever I get around to that, I'm sure I'll do that too. Infinite gas sounds great to me. And I don't blame you on the music choice...I almost always put music on for grinding or non-plot gaming...I played a bunch during Breath of the Wild. I have a login to this site called nugs.net that puts up a lot of live shows from various bands right after they're played. Umphrey's McGee just played a show last night so I'm looking forward to bumping that tonight while starting up Specter Knight's NG+. I read it's tougher now since they make your MP bar the same as your magic bar (so you lose life when using magic) and it slowly drains as you play.

After that, I'll likely try the speed run while trying not to collect any health/magic upgrades and breaking all the checkpoints for a few other tasks you have to do. You also have to do a run where you only play each level once and end up with 60K in cash when you beat the game at the end...I'm not sure if I can do that at the same time as the speed run but I'll give it a shot.
(edited 1 year ago)

slaterastle
1 year ago#6
Yeah and when he does do, Entry of the Gladiators starts playing out of his arm haha.

Lol that would be kinda funny if they tried to make it serious.

Yeah the spin move pretty much takes away all the downsides of 2 handed weapons and makes that wreck, especially when you have the Barbarian Armor upgraded so you can spin longer. I never even got to do a full spin on anyone when I had 2 rings of stamina.

I guess that's kinda true. I mean I'd rather have cool stuff than not have anything even if I barely use it but yeah. I was thinking tho like if you completed the compendium first then you could be helped out with korok seeds by being allowed to climb through rain and if you got the seeds first you could be helped out with the compendium by being allowed to glide forever you know what I mean. But even if they werent used, it would still be cool, kinda like when you get 100 lives for getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 and Light Arrows in the final dungeon of Wind Waker.

Oh yes they could have, they just didnt want to and I wish they did.

I actually beat him without the horse once for fun. But freal, Zelda could have blesse the horse to be invincible and then there could have been all sorts of crazy stuff like an attack that shoots out of the ground so you gotta be on the horse and like a fireball rain where you gotta find the spot that's safe and lasers could have shot out of everywhere on his body. And that final shot could have been a lot more tense. But whatever it's fine.

I dont think I ever used Stasis on them.

That's dumb the internet is wrong. They should be more on that stuff.

Well you know how I am when it comes to perfection haha.

Hmm that's interesting. Maybe I'll check it out.

That's cool there's gender bender in Shovel knight. I'll probably stick to the default but yeah. Congrats on beating it by the way. How much money does 60k feel like?

School gets out this week. I sang The Plough Boy and Les Cloches on Friday for a final. I still havent gotten the medals in FF15. Ive been watching Inuyasha and Attack on Titan. Waiting a week for a 20 minute episode of build up is torture haha. I mean the show is great I just wish it was all out.

Also, the game I made on the Smash 4 board ended and Ike won. Now wer doin a Hurt and Heal of Nintendo 64 characters. I'm also doin one on the Pokemon Moon board of all the Gen 1 pokemon. I was only gonna do that but people requested more Smash stuff so now I'm doin 2.

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#7
Yeah and when he does do, Entry of the Gladiators starts playing out of his arm haha.

LOL. Sounds perfect.

I never even got to do a full spin on anyone when I had 2 rings of stamina.

Not here either. It'd either kill the Talos or Hinox immediately before I could finish the spin or the enemy would start an attack animation so I'd finish the spin with Urbosa which would usually finish the fight unless it was a lynel.

I was thinking tho like if you completed the compendium first then you could be helped out with korok seeds by being allowed to climb through rain and if you got the seeds first you could be helped out with the compendium by being allowed to glide forever you know what I mean.

That's true but, after getting all the seeds, you likely already explored the whole world so the perk wouldn't get used so much. The Compendium could be done earlier, especially if you beat the game early and got the end-game photos quick. I'd more prefer a bonus cutscene or something like that where I could still enjoy it even if I didn't have much to play in the game.

I actually beat him without the horse once for fun.

Yeah, Pig Ganon's AI just isn't that great and it seems his only moveset is shooting geysers at you. He doesn't even seem to turn when you're on at his side.

And that final shot could have been a lot more tense.

It took me a few attempts at shooting the open eye before I figured it out, especially when I saw all the wind blowing up on the plain. I kind of liked how it looked with the slow-motion shot.

And, yeah, they could have done a ton more with the fight...but it just felt like a "cutscene boss" where you're really not supposed to lose so it looks like they didn't try challenging folks.

I dont think I ever used Stasis on them.

I just got tired of trying to chase them and catch them when they reappear. Plus it lasts quite a while so you can easily run up to them and finish them. Stasis surprisingly works on the Blight bosses as well but only lasts a quick while.

That's dumb the internet is wrong. They should be more on that stuff.

Likely not enough completionists who really care about this stuff and no on the site checking it. Which, yes, is a pet peeve...you shouldn't be making a site with item locations and such like that if you haven't done in yourself...it's like those folks who make guides or walkthrough videos who don't play 100% of the game...just feels lazy to me.

Congrats on beating it by the way. How much money does 60k feel like?

Whelp, I finished the runs over the weekend. Challenge Mode was fun with the usual mix of tricky platforming areas and then doing all the bosses on a time limit. I like this mode since it gives you some legit practice on all the bosses since doing them with a limit makes you hone your tactics a bit which helps you in the later playthroughs, especially NG+. Plus, the game often gives you a random curio that usually helps against that boss so it gives you a cool idea to use in the main game. I had a lot of trouble on Treasure Knight until the Challenge Mode had me start with the bouncy-ball spell which just plain wrecks him.

NG+ was interesting in that they combine the magic and HP meter into one that always slowly drains during levels...so using magic results in you draining your life a bit. Plus enemies do double damage so this made a few fights get hairy but, once I improved on some bosses, I was able to handle most fights pretty easily and it was nice practice for the speed run. The drain is only a factor if you get hit a lot during the levels, especially since there's plenty of magic-refill items in levels which also double as refilling your health. Boss fights were more about avoiding hits but you couldn't spam items either though I rarely had to.

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#8
After that was the speed run on NG but I was able to combine a few other runs into it so I only had to do the one run. I didn't pick up any life/health upgrades, I smashed all checkpoints as I went (you usually hit reset on a death anyway), and I did manage to end the game with 60,000 in cash while playing every level only once. Combining the run with smashing checkpoints helped with that since that's good cash...plus I realized halfway through that I had extra time so I spent a little more time in a couple levels to make sure I got the extra cash laying around (though I still avoided extra rooms and cash that was risky). Turns out I maybe didn't need to since I ended up with 69K for the run. So we're done there.

School gets out this week. I sang The Plough Boy and Les Cloches on Friday for a final.

I actually know those! Do you roll your R's on Plough Boy like the fancy singers do?

Waiting a week for a 20 minute episode of build up is torture haha. I mean the show is great I just wish it was all out.

It's funny how spoiled we all are with binge-watching so when we have to watch shows like normal, it feels like torture.

Also, the game I made on the Smash 4 board ended and Ike won.

Don't even know who Ike is.

So next, I wanted a more relaxing game that wasn't too long so I started up South Park: The Stick of Truth. RPG-wise the game doesn't seem too complicated and, despite me putting it on "Hardcore," I'm already owning most fights even at Level 3. But everything else like the characters, plot, sidequests and other gross-out stuff is top-notch South Park. I've been laughing out loud at a number of parts which is rare for a video game.

The game will prompt you to type in the name of your character and no matter what you type, Cartman will say "I see you typed your name as "Douchebag." Is that correct?" and you have no choice but to accept it. I also got a kick out of the fact that the classes you can be are "Mage," "Fighter," "Thief," and "Jew." I also fell over when, on social media, one of the black kids yells at Cartman to stop changing his class while Cartman responds that "you just seem born to be a blacksmith." I've also opened three houses to find a naked chick, a dude jerking it off, and a dude in a gimp mask nailing a horse. I also found a crack pipe, a water bong, piles of white powder, lube, and no less than four d****s in Cartman's Mom's room, one of which is called the "Milkman" which the description says has nothing to do with the d****'s white color. Loving it so far.

slaterastle
1 year ago#9
Why not both? I think it would be cool if not only you got to climb through rain and glide forever, but also if those things carried over to a NG+. Then you wouldnt have to deal with that stuff when you replay the game.

It's almost as though Pig Ganon doesnt care if he dies haha.

Freal, them making nothing would have een better than them making something wrong and misleading.

That NG+ does sound interesting. Do you like it more when health and magic are combined or when they're separate. Also, that money/speedrun/checkpoint breaking run doesnt sound too bad if you had extra time and extra money. Breaking all the checkpoints seems like a pain but adding in the other stuff seems easy in comparison. How fast did you do the speedrun?

On Plough Boy? I never even thought to do that. I flip my Rs like when you start to roll an R but I cant actually roll my Rs. Im supposed to on M'appari tutt amor but I cant. My teacher says I could learn how and Ive tried a little but have hardly gotten anything. Maybe with enough time I'll get good at it but I guess I'll have to wait and see on that.

Maybe it's funny to aliens who have every episode of every show thatll ever exist and are watching our pathetic technology and impatience but to me it's torture haha. Every 2 days feels like a year as it is. At least I have Inuyasha for the mean time. Speaking of which, when the junk is Game of Thrones coming back holy crap. I thought it was supposed to be April.

Ike is a Fire Emblem character who made his debut as the main character in the game that I think is called Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. That game title could be wrong but that's what I know without Googling it. Ive thought about giving Fire Emblem another shot but idk.

Lol that sounds like a good time. I actually kinda want to play that game. My cousin had it for a little but then he returned it after he beat it so he could get his money back. Someday ill be at the game store and itll he cheap therell be nothing better haha. That's funny about the name and the milkman and the classes. Is the Jew meant to be a healer?

Sorry I dont have much to report. Once I go home from eating at Village Road Pizzeria which is by LBCC where I go to college, I'll be going home to probably play FF15 since I havent since I last wrote but I might watch Se7en or The Thing. I think I gotta update my laptop so thatll be a pain but whatever.
(edited 1 year ago)
Why not both? I think it would be cool if not only you got to climb through rain and glide forever, but also if those things carried over to a NG+.

I've never really had an issue with gliding where I was close to running out stamina. It drains so slowly. But, yeah, I'm all for the rain-climbing outfit.

Also, I read somewhere that they were thinking about adding a mechanic where, while climbing, Link could stab his sword into the rock and then stand on it to rest and refill his stamina. But then they axed it because it kind of made stamina drain on climbing pointless plus it was really awkward to imagine Link standing on a sword hilt.

It's almost as though Pig Ganon doesnt care if he dies haha.

I think we're to assume he's made with rage there or something. But, yeah, he's way too easy.

That NG+ does sound interesting. Do you like it more when health and magic are combined or when they're separate.

I'd prefer to not have it that way all the time since it kind of stifles how much you can spam magic. Plus it makes you kind of rush the levels a little bit. Obviously it's there for challenge but I wouldn't want to feel rushed all the time. But it did make me learn to play better and smarter and take less hits...especially with the game dealing double damage. This is where the practice on the bosses in Challenge Mode helped.

Also, that money/speedrun/checkpoint breaking run doesnt sound too bad if you had extra time and extra money.

Speed runs aren't really that bad in terms of time but it does usually require that you go through the entire level without dying...the "no deaths" thing is maybe the most annoying. Was really bad on the Plague Knight run since Propeller Knight is a major pain for Plague...I needed like two/three hours of attempts to take that one out. Specter Knight also benefits from the fact that there's only two levels in the final tower since they removed the bossrush part, likely because it doesn't make sense plot-wise. But they do have a couple "backstory" levels that you play with its own unique boss that maybe makes up for it but they're much shorter and easier.

How fast did you do the speedrun?

I think it was around 1:20 or so and that's with me spending extra time on a few levels to get cash. Shovel Knight was quickest around 1:19 and Plague was slowest at 1:25. I mean, I could have really gone faster but I spent a little time acquiring items in all the runs to help me out.

On Plough Boy? I never even thought to do that. I flip my Rs like when you start to roll an R but I cant actually roll my Rs.

Yeah, it seems like some people can just roll them or they can't. Just seems like you're born with it. I was just saying, since on many professional versions I've seen, the tenor rolls his R's.
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. What do you want to see in the next game?