• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. UFC Undisputed 2010
  3. GSP a BJJ blackbelt?!?!

User Info: drunkenbum

drunkenbum
8 years ago#1
now i'm not 100% but im sure its a Gracie black belt,
if thats the case it goes to show they must give those things away! or is it just because GSP will endorse their teachings by being one of their students.

there were a number of very sloppy submission attempts by gsp. and then look at the submission by palhares, 1 slip and its fight over.

does anyone else feel that "well known" fighters get given black belts way too easily.

and for what its worth, i have been practicing jitsu on and off for nearly 8 years.
if anyone is interested in training, type in fight back ju jitsu into google.

gamertag: DruNkEnBuM1981
psn id: drunkenbum1981

User Info: The-King-of-FPS

The-King-of-FPS
8 years ago#2

GPS deserves that belt with out a doubt. He understands the training and is constantly improving. In fact he should of been on the cover of the game AGAIN.

User Info: GOTMADSKILLZSON

GOTMADSKILLZSON
8 years ago#3
He started BJJ training in 2006 and got his black belt in 2008 under Bruno Fernandes.
Now playing:Dragon Age Origins, NCAA 10 Basketball, NBA 2k10

User Info: Stuart510

Stuart510
8 years ago#4
Hey TC didn't you notice how easy it was for him to take the dominant ground position when hardy was on top.
XBL GT: Stuart510
Currently playing: modern warfare 2, ufc 2009, skate 2.

User Info: jamescrenshaw

jamescrenshaw
8 years ago#5
Rashad Evans is a BJJ black belt....enough said
Maverick3176 - PS3
MKLordFujin - 360

User Info: BigEFries

BigEFries
8 years ago#6

Rashad Evans is a BJJ black belt....enough said

And how many times has Rashad Evans gotten submitted?

Rashad was a Division 1 wrestler. It is a true fact that wrestlers transition easily to BJJ. It's not all about landing subs, but positioning, and sub defense. Watch the Evans Silva fight, and watch how Rashad passes the BJJ black belts guard with ease.

drunkenbum
8 years ago#7
He started BJJ training in 2006 and got his black belt in 2008 under Bruno Fernandes.

that says it all, he got a BJJ blackbelt in 2 years...
so basically he was given it being a named fighter.

plus i never knew Rashad was a blackbelt, but then again he has never attempted a sub has he?

as for the poster who said did i see how quickly he moved transitions, yes i did, i also saw a sloppy armbar attempt (Hardy actually split gsp's feet with his hand to get out of the hold), a sloppy Kimura and a half attempt at an americana.

my point is that if that were say Maia or palhares who are legitimate BJJ Blackbelts that fight would have been finished.
i feel that a blackbelt is given out way too easily to fighters and cant understand why it needs to be done,
there is no shame in working your way through the belts to achieve your blackbelt.

User Info: jamescrenshaw

jamescrenshaw
8 years ago#8
those r some good points. GSP and Evans are great at positioning...but I think for Evans especially that may have more to do with his wrestling. I am not saying they arent great....but both are black belts...i think its safe to say that Demian Maia, Frank Mir and BJ Penn are light years ahead of where those guys are at
Maverick3176 - PS3
MKLordFujin - 360

drunkenbum
8 years ago#9
without a doubt GSP's full skill set is the best in the UFC, quite possibly mma as a whole, but yeah, mir, penn and maia will finish fights at even the sniff of a submission chance.

User Info: CrazyRabbi

CrazyRabbi
8 years ago#10

The-King-of-FPS posted...

GPS deserves that belt with out a doubt. He understands the training and is constantly improving. In fact he should of been on the cover of the game AGAIN.

You sound like Joe Rogan, get off his nuts. Most fighters constantly improve but GSP didn't show this in his last fight. Other fighters seem to have improved more so than him meaning raising their skills, not being ahead of GSP. Cause if GSP was really improving we would have seen him stand and finsh.

1. Boards
  2. UFC Undisputed 2010
  3. GSP a BJJ blackbelt?!?!
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
How To Super CAF Guidexjdfhsjfhsjgfn2086/30 3:33AM