• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Naughty Bear
  3. Is the game worth 30?

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
8 years ago#1

Im curious about this game and heard about the gold edition coming out. So despite its flaws is it worth the 30 bucks?

User Info: undeadeath

undeadeath
8 years ago#2
It depends on if you're a completionist or not because honestly if you're only interested in the main game levels this game won't last you long at all, but if you're interested in collecting all the costumes and have the urge to complete all the sub-levels and get 100% of the game done then it will last you quite a while.

If you weren't referencing the length of the game but rather how it plays well thats an entirely different story. This game has obvious flaws that I've mentioned in another post and the most glaring of those flaws is that the camera can get in the way, stealth mechanics are not so great, and levels can feel repetitive if the game is played for extended lengths of time. It's one of those games that's best played in small sessions so it doesn't wear thin too quickly. Having said that, I found myself able to enjoy this game quite a bit and it's pretty satisfying to perform the executions or traps when they actually work and to just generally perform random acts of mayhem. The other problem with the game is that each of the weapons only has one execution type and thats kind of a bummer but once again when playing just a little bit at a time it isn't too much of an issue.
War. War never changes.

finalfantasy94
8 years ago#3

I just picked up gold. Imma try to get the plat.

undeadeath
8 years ago#4
Nice, let me know what you think of it.
War. War never changes.

finalfantasy94
8 years ago#5

well I jsut got home today and played a level and I must say its not as bad as I thought it would be. The camra is indeed pretty crappy but imo not enough to break the game...so far. I can see how this could get repeptitive,but I see myself taking breaks so I wont get bord or go nuts. I can see the plat is going to be pretty tough but imma give it my all.

undeadeath
8 years ago#6
Yeah, I agree it's definitely not worst game of the year material or anything like that but just watch out because the challenges get really tough towards the end of the game and I found myself swearing like a sailor at a few of them.
War. War never changes.

finalfantasy94
8 years ago#7

Im wondering do you still own the game? Since i need helpwith the online trophy.

undeadeath
8 years ago#8
No, I don't actually I blew through it pretty fast because I'm not in school at the moment so sorry man.
War. War never changes.
  1. Boards
  2. Naughty Bear
  3. Is the game worth 30?
  • Topic Archived