• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. This game is too easy

User Info: Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance
10 years ago#1
After a while in Puzzle Quest 1 it got rather easy about 1/4 into the game, so in my second game I didn't use my level up points to increase my stats but that didn't help all that much. In this game it didn't even go that long, to was easy right away. My plan this time to try and make it more difficult was to not buy or upgrade any equipment and just use what I find, unless I lose some battles. I've only lost twice and neither time did I feel like I needed to buy anything to win. I just tried again. I guess now I'll go the other way with it and get all the best stuff I can to speed up the battles.
One problem is the AI. I've seen it use a yellow potion several times in a row when it already had max yellow mana. That opponent also had a very powerful weapon that cost a lot of action points but it never used it because it wasted all it's action points. Something like that could have been fixed so easily but they put no effort into it.
The word esoteric is esoteric.

User Info: elai1108

elai1108
10 years ago#2
Which difficulty setting are you playing on?

User Info: caveman7570

caveman7570
10 years ago#3
Holy **** there's a difficulty setting?!
This changes everything
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/t-dubya/conguitos.jpg
All-new! Indie games board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/293-indie-gaming

User Info: Sn4k3Ey3S

Sn4k3Ey3S
10 years ago#4
but the strange case is, i believe u can switch the difficulty prior to loading your saved game or something like that. That's usually not the case for other games. But maybe for this case the puzzles are quite difficulty independent.
--=}°º®©^InViNciB|3^§n4K3Ey3§^©®º°{=--

User Info: Sn4k3Ey3S

Sn4k3Ey3S
9 years ago#5
bump... hhmm, anyway i guess no one comes here anymore ?
--=}°º®©^InViNciB|3^§n4K3Ey3§^©®º°{=--

User Info: jbtilley

jbtilley
9 years ago#6
The hardest thing about Puzzle Quest 2 is staying interested long enough to finish it.

User Info: Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance
9 years ago#7
I have it on the highest difficulty (one I knew there was a difficulty setting) but it didn't make much of a difference.
The word esoteric is esoteric.
  1. Boards
  2. Puzzle Quest 2
  3. This game is too easy
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A