• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
  3. Estelle's Bracer Rank at the end of the game (spoilers)

User Info: rhombencephalon

rhombencephalon
10 months ago#1
So she ends up as an A rank bracer if you do just about everything. (And even has a nice line of dialogue with Prince Olivert because of it.)

Presumably, she stays that rank... but shouldn't she realistically get the elusive and secretive S rank? When they explained S rank in FC, they said that they award the rank for performing great tasks that save the country or something.

So, uh... handling the Liber Ark situation and stopping Weismann's plans doesn't get her the super secret promotion????

And incidentally... why does Cassius get the S rank? He developed the plan that saved Liberl in the war, but he was in the military then. What Zemuria shattering event did he participate in after he joined the Bracer Guild???
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

User Info: SleepTrigger

SleepTrigger
10 months ago#2
She's B-rank in canon, same as Joshua, as for how Cassius got promoted to S-rank, you'll just have to keep playing the games to find out, or spoil yourself on it.

rhombencephalon
10 months ago#3
SleepTrigger posted...
She's B-rank in canon, same as Joshua, as for how Cassius got promoted to S-rank, you'll just have to keep playing the games to find out, or spoil yourself on it.

Fair enough! What establishes the canon to make her B rank? Is it in one of the other games?

Always wondered why Agate and Schera didn’t come up to A rank with her. And does Joshua get credit for all those promotions before Estelle knocked someone sense into him?!!?

Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

SleepTrigger
10 months ago#4
I just realized I actually don't know where they established the Brights' ranks (either that or I just forgot) so I did some searching and apparently it came from an issue of the Dengeki PlayStation magazine released during the media leadup to Trails of Cold Steel 1's Japanese release back in 2013... Yeah, I don't think most Western players would've come across that piece of info.

Agate and Schera both get promoted to A-rank after the events of SC.

I honestly never gave it much thought, but it does seem kinda weird that both Estelle and Joshua end up the same rank considering how things transpired during the game, the out-of-universe reason is probably because it was just easier to have both of them share the same rank and be done with it. Honestly though, if he really wanted to, Joshua could reach A-rank on combat prowess alone, but at the same time he probably would rather grow alongside Estelle (you'll eventually find out, but bracers can turn down promotions if they so choose).

rhombencephalon
10 months ago#5
SleepTrigger posted...

I just hit star door 13 in Trails 3.

It says "Two days after the assaults began, Cassius Bright (S-rank) arrived in the Imperial capital.

I'm foggy on the date system in the Trails games. I presume that this was the incident he left to handle during Trails 1?

Still doesn't answer how he became S ranked. Are you saying there's something more to find out there that got his S Rank?

SleepTrigger
10 months ago#6
rhombencephalon posted...
I just hit star door 13 in Trails 3.

It says "Two days after the assaults began, Cassius Bright (S-rank) arrived in the Imperial capital.

I'm foggy on the date system in the Trails games. I presume that this was the incident he left to handle during Trails 1?
Correct.
Still doesn't answer how he became S ranked. Are you saying there's something more to find out there that got his S Rank?
I never said this was the game where you learn more about that.

rhombencephalon
10 months ago#7
SleepTrigger posted...
Correct.
I never said this was the game where you learn more about that.

Ah. So are we talking one of the Crossbell games? Or Cold Steel?

SleepTrigger
10 months ago#8
rhombencephalon posted...
Ah. So are we talking one of the Crossbell games? Or Cold Steel?
Crossbell
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
  3. Estelle's Bracer Rank at the end of the game (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A