• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: rhombencephalon

rhombencephalon
11 months ago#1
I just finished Chapter V and it isn’t forcing a second party member on me.

Out of curiosity, who do you like to use?

I had been bringing Kloe and Olivier everywhere. Kloe for heals and Olivier because he has far more interesting dialogue in my experience.
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

User Info: SleepTrigger

SleepTrigger
11 months ago#2
I like using everyone every so often, but Agate, Kloe, and Kevin are my go-to choices gameplay-wise.

rhombencephalon
11 months ago#3
I just completed the Esmeles Tower in the Tetracyclic Towers chapter and just spent a lot more time than I meant to setting up my Orbments. I set up Kevin to do Death Scream and be a back up healer.

I have EP4, Mind4, and EP Cut 4 on him... but he only has a max of 290 EP. Is that normal for him at this point in the game? Is he not suited to be a major caster? Everything about him screams mage to me!
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

User Info: SleepTrigger

SleepTrigger
11 months ago#4
It's been too long, but I can't say I remember having trouble managing Kevin's EP specifically compared to everyone else. Also, you can always just buy EP Charges, money is not an issue in any of these games as soon as you acquire the right recipe.

He's definitely more of a caster than a brawler tho, he's got the orbment lines setup for it. Since you mentioned having equipped him with some level 2 quartz, I'm sure you already know upgrading slots increases max EP, so there's always that.

Here's a link to a document containing info not available in-game about all crafts and arts, you can use it to help you determine what to use in battle (if you're using it for the raw damage, Death Scream is actually kinda bad, it's between Soul Blur and Shadow Spear damage-wise).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1vt9T0N55Uw2KK7iEeX6rEXG2TzJp6eAJHiNiMJxi8pw/htmlview

rhombencephalon
11 months ago#5
SleepTrigger posted...
It's been too long, but I can't say I remember having trouble managing Kevin's EP specifically compared to everyone else. Also, you can always just buy EP Charges, money is not an issue in any of these games as soon as you acquire the right recipe.

He's definitely more of a caster than a brawler tho, he's got the orbment lines setup for it. Since you mentioned having equipped him with some level 2 quartz, I'm sure you already know upgrading slots increases max EP, so there's always that.

Here's a link to a document containing info not available in-game about all crafts and arts, you can use it to help you determine what to use in battle (if you're using it for the raw damage, Death Scream is actually kinda bad, it's between Soul Blur and Shadow Spear damage-wise).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1vt9T0N55Uw2KK7iEeX6rEXG2TzJp6eAJHiNiMJxi8pw/htmlview

Appreciate the link. I was using Death Scream for the super large AoE to clear the screen quickly.

• Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A