• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. Is this the game that stole code?

User Info: Patriarch105

Patriarch105
8 years ago#1
Is this the game that stole code from NCsoft or is that some different game?
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105

User Info: Shyvana

Shyvana
8 years ago#2
The Lineage 3 thing?
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)

User Info: xxGoDxoFxWaRxx

xxGoDxoFxWaRxx
8 years ago#3
http://www.enmasse.com/blog/posts/bluehole-studio-not-guilty-in-trial

Patriarch105
8 years ago#4
Shyvana posted...
The Lineage 3 thing?

I looked up lineage 3 and found all the info. Apparently the dev team for Tera were working on Lineage 3 and then stole some code so they could make this game.

I don't know why anyone would willing support this game. Fun or not your promoting theivery. Its no better then supporting EA for screwing people over time an time again. Or capcom locking off half the content of a disc and calling it DLC.
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105

User Info: keniption

keniption
8 years ago#5
Patriarch105 posted...
Shyvana posted...
The Lineage 3 thing?

I looked up lineage 3 and found all the info. Apparently the dev team for Tera were working on Lineage 3 and then stole some code so they could make this game.

I don't know why anyone would willing support this game. Fun or not your promoting theivery. Its no better then supporting EA for screwing people over time an time again. Or capcom locking off half the content of a disc and calling it DLC.

I don't know why anyone would do such a thing... >.>
GT - Keniption PSN - Keniption
My maps: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=Keniption

User Info: nothv13

nothv13
8 years ago#6
Patriarch105 posted...
Shyvana posted...
The Lineage 3 thing?

I'm fine with it because NCsoft was basically treating the devs horribly. Further the ones who actually stole the code are being punished. Get over it and enjoy the game.

Patriarch105
8 years ago#7
xxGoDxoFxWaRxx posted...
http://www.enmasse.com/blog/posts/bluehole-studio-not-guilty-in-trial

Wern't they originally found guilty?

And reading this they mention "Tera didn't exist at the time" Well that makes sense because they were originally stole the code (The original suit) Then made a game out of it. Meaning the suit just evolved.

Regardless its hard to take a companys word for it. Its like hearing about someone who just happend to be carrying a bloody knife outside of a murder scene. Maybe they didn't murder them but then what the heck is the knife all about.

User Info: nesky

nesky
8 years ago#8
Seeing that no-one here actually knows what the circumstances are, be quiet and play. Or don't play, your call. We're not in a position to comment on either side of the story.
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D

User Info: Vdashone

Vdashone
8 years ago#9
You speak as if hurting NCSoft isn't just another reason to like them.
"I wish PC gaming wasn't invented cause it's stupid requiring certain stuff" - SolidHaseo

User Info: bluejaystorm

bluejaystorm
8 years ago#10
The company who made TERA as it is today is not responsible for anything going on in this case from a moral (and seemingly legal) standpoint. Both the Korean and US companies were found NOT guilty and if you read the article floating around it specifically states that the individuals responsible for the theft are being held responsible.

In other words, some former NC Soft employees got pissed and stole some code, it was used in a game. The thieves were caught and are being prosecuted, but you can't punish an entire company for something that was not know of / not their fault.

That's like closing down a pawn shop because some guy stole a bike and sold it there.
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. Is this the game that stole code?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A