• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Viking Invasion
  3. My Tips on getting the most out of it.

User Info: Atomic_Porkchop

Atomic_Porkchop
11 years ago#1
Okay, so this game is managable up until Stage 5, then while not impossible - you better have upgraded correctly or you might not make at (at least in Medium difficulty). Also, Loki on level 4 is a pain to get 1st time around because of his decoys (you might have to upgrade a lot and go back).

First, put Cannonball towers near the waters edge always. Resist the urge to put Arrow towers at the waters edge, they may cover more ground but you'll spread them too thin. Set them behind the Cannonball towers. This doubles up the firepower. However don't put too many cannonball towers near the end of the level, they don't shoot fast enough and you'll just waste money, at least in the beginning before they are upgraded to shoot faster.

Second, Hit them hard and hit them early! I spam most enemies right away, but once 2 rows of enemies start coming at the same time on top of each other in later levels this doesn't work. That's where spacing out helps. Also, if you didn't know - if you tap on and select an individual enemy all nearby towers will focus attention on that one. Great for defeating bosses!!!

Third, only upgrade the Arrow and Cannonball towers once...Then save your upgrade ruins to get the "magic" sorcerers tower. Once you do I put them in an area that "bottle-necks" and it does massive damage. Obviously you can upgrade the towers again later, but I made the mistake of upgrading them early on and I couldn't beat the game then.

Forth, once you've done those upgrade to the tower that gives you more money when near other towers. Don't plant this near the beginning of the level since in later levels you'll rarely kill enemies right away. Place it near other towers somewhere in the middle. You'll quickly get enough money to build a ton of towers and upgrade them without running out.

Obviously this isn't the ONLY way to play (that's what makes tower defense game so great), but it's the way I've had the most success so I thought I'd share. Later.

User Info: LordBalor4

LordBalor4
11 years ago#2
This game is very easy until the last level, then it becomes near-impossible.
  1. Boards
  2. Viking Invasion
  3. My Tips on getting the most out of it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A