• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jamie_1987

Jamie_1987
11 years ago#1

has anyone tried this game? whats it like?

User Info: slyde23

slyde23
11 years ago#2

I've been thoroughly enjoying it! It's a fairly straightforward tower defence game. There are 5 types of towers, each with 3 types of upgrades. There are a host of different enemies with, of course, different strengths and weaknesses. The main game has 10 normal maps and a bonus map (which I haven't played yet.) Maybe not as big as some stand alone titles, but good for the price to download. There's also a survival mode, where you pick a map and literally play until you have no health left. If you build and upgrade right, you can make a game last for hours. You can also save any game at any time and return to it later, another good point for the nature of the DSi.

I would say to definitely check it out.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
11 years ago#3
Are the maps pre-set and you place your defenses, similar to Pixel Junk Monsters?

OR

Is this more like Desktop Tower Def, where you create a maze of defense towers?

And does this game track any records or stats? Does it track which levels you've completed a level on a certain difficulty as sort of an award or achievemnt?
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: joshovis

joshovis
11 years ago#4
Preset
A lot of fun.
HUGE TD fan and I am already addicted.
Kinda simplistic but a great portable DSi TD

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-9972

supercammando
11 years ago#5
What about STATS? A scoreboard? Or progress tracking? Achievments/medals, etc.

Things like this give a game REPLAY value.

You advance throught story mode and then what? Does this game at least keep track of scores per level?
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: joshovis

joshovis
11 years ago#6
You do get a score at the end of each level.
Can't remember if it records it or not. I assume it does.
No medals or anything like that.
There is a survival mode. Haven't played it yet.
I am on the last level of the campaign mode.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-9972

supercammando
11 years ago#7
If you remember, let us know if this game records any score, times, records, etc. I find it odd that it would not. After all, what's the point of showing a score if the game isn't gonna record it somewhere? It's nice that you can save anytime. Would be nicer if it saved scores, records, etc.

supercammando
11 years ago#8
yes it records your scores per level, total, campaign and survival. Just tap the trophie icon in the profile screen.

User Info: Sieg_Reyu

Sieg_Reyu
11 years ago#9
Depending on your score you will get either a bronze, silver, or gold viking helmet.
There is a survival mode and campaign mode, and three different difficulties.
http://bit.ly/1QinlX4 A google doc for Fire Emblem Fates Supports
3DS FC: 1676 3710 6485 Frosch

User Info: J0hn13nn0nC1iv

J0hn13nn0nC1iv
11 years ago#10
I just got it tonight, and am loving it. I'd say it's easily worth the $8.00. It's a bit easy, I think, but to be fair, I'm only about a third of the way through the campaign
"Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls pants... Use it to get into their heads."
AC:NL FC: 2423-2740-7833
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A