• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Creature Defense
  3. This game is hard....

User Info: cisquo10

cisquo10
10 years ago#1
Im struggling on stage 4 Phase 1. Any tips?
Set signature in options page.

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
10 years ago#2
if you have any green creatures that have slow ablity use them near the middle section. also if you have any white magic that can attack air use alot of them as well in that middle area.use the blue creatuers that increase range can also help. i can't rember what cards are unlock where you are. the ablity should help you out. you got to balance out the number of cards you summon with upgrade them to high levels. i wish i could be more helpful

cisquo10
10 years ago#3
I'll take your tips to mind and give it a try.

User Info: tylikesnachos

tylikesnachos
10 years ago#4
I thought it got MUCH easier as new cards became available and you got your strategy down. Stage 4 Phase 3, however, is a different story.

I used 1 card from each group. I'm not sure what cards you have at this point either, but a green card to slow enemies, as well as a blue card to increase range, will help tremendously. The phoenix (fire) with +attack, the kelpie (water) with +range, the spider (earth) with -speed, and Romili with +attack speed and +attack helped me early on.

Sadly, I think all of those are only available after Phase 1 playthrough.

Don't be afraid to lose a few times. You'll need the money (and kills) for new cards. You'll usually focus on 3 element types for the big daddy cards, with strong support for rogue waves. And don't quote me on this, but for me personally, Phase 1 was about quantity. Once you start unlocking cards with useful SP skills focus on those high levels. But lvl 1anything is useless against a dragon!

I didn't slay a dragon until Phase 2.

Good luck!
ACCF 0646-0878-6493
SSBB 3093-8005-9598

cisquo10
10 years ago#5
It seems like the bird that gives -7 speed at lvl 1 is doing almost nothing.
I'm using the
Gohen - Light
Tree God Warrior - Grass
Bird- Grass for slowing
Kelpie - Water horse thing
Fire God Warrior - fire
Should I change anything...lol I'm struggling...

Its probably my setup. I'm being slaughtered by the gohen swarms and the griffey and gargoyle pass me with ease. The birds seem to have little to no effect.

I'm gonna take a break from this game and come back :P

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
10 years ago#6
hang in there. the card choices look good. now the hard part of placing and timing upgrades. you want to place most of you creature in the middle area where the two paths come together. and mirror each side place kelpie in the center area so that you get the most out of it when you upgrade. generaly you want to upgrade your slow creatuers to the point they get their ablity and leave them be. you want to want to use 2 kelpie and get them around level 4 to 5.you want to upgrade the light to 1 to 2 level below max. you want to do this evenly on both sides. i suggest to start with the left side as the bosses will appera there first. good luck you have a fun time with phase 5. once you get throguht the first round of phase you get the time triales and extra modes and asscess to card that make thing a bit easyer
  1. Boards
  2. Creature Defense
  3. This game is hard....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get past lvl 5 3rd ? Main Quest2 Answers
Has anyone figured out how to beat any of the bosses? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
Wtf???? Cant pass phase General3 Answers
Slowing enemys? General1 Answer
Why no saves? General1 Answer