• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Quest with Malena / caves, anyone got some tips ?

User Info: pkhgspt

pkhgspt
9 years ago#1
I enter the caves, and managed to search the body and chest near the entrance, but can't go much further without getting overwhelmed with monsters. Anyone got any tips on how to go on ? I can't seem to climb the ledge further in when there are monsters around (which sucks btw).

User Info: ravenz87

ravenz87
9 years ago#2

having the exact same problem at the moment, those monsters hit for truckloads of damage and there's no way I can beat them, they keep respawning too!

Maybe this is something for later levels?

User Info: dragoev

dragoev
9 years ago#3
Hello

I found a bug that helps :) When you engage and see that you cannot beat them, return back, to the point from which you jumped into the cave. They will turn back and you will have time to regenerate HP. Hope that helps.

User Info: Fizzil

Fizzil
9 years ago#4
Make a bunch of Samum bombs, round them up and watch as they fall like flies.

User Info: Soldier_Zack

Soldier_Zack
9 years ago#5
Where do i find her after the waterfall part?
SSBB FC: 0903-2449-8750 Name - Chaos

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
9 years ago#6
Haha I just entered the cave and was like is this really the right cave? Really terrible difficulty spike

User Info: bobbetybob

bobbetybob
9 years ago#7
Here's another hint, don't lie to the guards afterwards, tell them what you found. You'll end up in another insanely annoying combat situation otherwise.

User Info: jrbeerman11

jrbeerman11
9 years ago#8
i used traps at a bottleneck right before you find monsters before bodies, and retreated to that point alot, they also run away if you hit spot you leap up to.

Also for some weird reason I went back up to the crowd because i thought finding the first bodies was enough, went back down and cave was empty. Made rest easy

User Info: MythagoWoods

MythagoWoods
9 years ago#9
Honestly I created some Puffball bombs, used Axii sign on some of the Warrior Neekers, watched them tear through their brethren, and then poisoned them all with bomb spam. If I dropped low on health I'd run to the start and recover some health then run back and beat the few who didn't die from poison to a pulp.

As for where she is afterwards? Go to the Insane Asylum. Go through the first parting of the wall, next to the giant tree, and go behind the wall and she'll be right there. Or use a Cat potion before entering the area to find her through the walls.
To the last man and the last round!
PSN: Fligeneaffe101

User Info: freshstix

freshstix
9 years ago#10

Soldier Zack posted...
Where do i find her after the waterfall part?
---
SSBB FC: 0903-2449-8750 Name - Chaos

^This

1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Quest with Malena / caves, anyone got some tips ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A