• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Game wont install help please

User Info: LOTR1204

LOTR1204
8 years ago#101

Thanks, I'll try running it again as an administrator and turning off antivirus. Hopefully it will not do the "the witcher 2 has stopped working. checking for a solutin" thing at the end of installation this time.. :/

User Info: Xsquader

Xsquader
8 years ago#102
If it says the witcher 2 has stopped working at the end wait about 20 minutes before force closing it. Just to observe it. It may stop hanging and come back. As long as the option is there "Wait for the program to respond" if it straight up stops working then yeah that is bad.
http://www.last.fm/user/xsquader

LOTR1204
8 years ago#103

the launcher goes away and it only gives the option to close the window, but i suppose I could try to wait to see if it comes back

it gives me the shortcut to run the game but gives me a message when I try to click it- "this application has failed to start because mfc100u.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
any ideas what this means or how I can put that missing thing in?

User Info: Xsquader

Xsquader
8 years ago#104
^

Read this

http://gamecrashfixed.com/2011/05/fixed-the-witcher-2-fix-and-fixes-to-crashes-errors-blackscreen-bugs-mfc100u-dll-steam-server-lag-nvidia-3d-problems-virus-detected-no-sound-launch-crash-0xc000007b-error-poor-fps/

To be a little more specific.

"Problem #5: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Error: "mfc100u.dll was not found"

This is an annoying problem that a lot of The Withcer 2 users experience. At an installation attempt a message appears:

“Launcher.exe – system error: This application failed to start because mfc100u.dll was not found. Reinstalling might help fix this problem.”

Possible Solution: Try installing the 32-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 packet may solve the problem. The packet’s installer – a file named vcredist_x86.exe – can be found on the “Game – disk 2? CD"

Hope that helps
http://www.last.fm/user/xsquader

LOTR1204
8 years ago#105

omg it actually worked! thank you so much! I hope all of you guys get it to work! thanks again so much i love you all!

User Info: jadenupton

jadenupton
8 years ago#106
Hey guys, need help.

Can't install the witcher 2.........it keeps sitting at cookedpc and just stays like that forever.....................what should i do.

Really want to play game but this problem is pissing me off big time..........any solutions guys would be appreciated.

cheers

jadenupton
8 years ago#107
does this seriously work.

I can't install my witcher 2 either..........it just sits on cookedpc forever and nothing happens..........pissing me off.
i'll see if i can try this tonight.

That's what i hate about pc............you have to install the game before you play and your pc has to meet all sorts of settings and updates..............as for consoles,..........just put the stupid disk in and it runs..........frustrating

jadenupton
8 years ago#108
that's my problem as well.

don't know how to get around it..............why hasn't the witcher group come up with an easy solution............you'd think they'd be aware of this problem by now............they need to pinpoint the problems and help us out............very dissappointed with this crap

User Info: Chunli

Chunli
8 years ago#109
I have been installing and reinstalling this game since 1 AM till now 4:52AM and I am going crazy.

I can run Dragon Age 2 on max on my computer and I can't even install this game. Urgh.
I think I am going to pull out all my hair >_<

User Info: Chunli

Chunli
8 years ago#110
I managed to install the game after numerous tries (Uninstalling and then installing again).

Lucky for my boyfriend he's still going to wake up and see me with my shampoo ad worthy long hair.

^_^
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Game wont install help please
  • Topic Archived